Separate chicks or not?

Dec 10, 2017
ok so I have a huge tote that my chicks are in. We have 9 that are going on 5 weeks so yep they are getting big very fast. We have a few that are just not growing as fast and I wasn’t sure weather to separate them into a different tote or just let them be. They did peck the one but I don’t think they do it all the time. They seem ok together so I hate to separate if they are ok all together any advice is great. Thanks

Attachments

• CF2D6013-1902-4BF5-BB3E-4059F2D04C84.jpeg
    CF2D6013-1902-4BF5-BB3E-4059F2D04C84.jpeg
    493.2 KB · Views: 6
Hi there,
If they are all the same age or thereabouts, I would keep them together. Just keep a close watch on the smaller ones and if they are getting picked on then separate - don't make work if you don't have to :)

:jumpy

My chicks are out at 5wks too...at 3wks I take them off heat in the day...then 4wks at night..at 5wks they are out in the day then stb6wks out at night to in a covered run and coop...
But then I am in England ..maybe you’re somewhere very very cold?
:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy
Ya it’s still cold here in pa. We got snow the other day and it still gets in low 20s at night. Brrrr

Ya it’s still cold here in pa. We got snow the other day and it still gets in low 20s at night. Brrrr

This was here last week! Got down to -7 ..My chicks were fine, extra deep bedding , snug coop and a covered run ... I did nearly put a heat pad in there but in the end added more bedding instead and kept an eye on them..I expected them all to be snuggled together but they were still playing around inside the coop ... enjoy your chicks!

720239BC-4B3F-4666-B134-6943F1459CC8.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom