1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

seperating the little ones - help

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Chickiemom25, May 23, 2011.

1. Chickiemom25

Chickiemom25 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    North Alabama
    what's a good re-purposed item I can put in the brooder so the little ones can get a little peace when the big one get to bullying? Just want a little hiding place for the 1.5 week olds. thanks

2. ChicksterJo

ChicksterJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Grounded on Earth
    If you mean that you are putting them in the coop or run with the bigger ones (how much 'bigger' are your big ones?), then you can use anything that will allow the younger ones to hide. When I released my younger ones in the run with my older ones (a couple of which were 9 weeks older and one of them was a few weeks older), I used a piece of drywall. It was sturdy enough to lean against one side of the run and the little ones would be able to stay there comfortably if the older ones were chasing or trying to peck on them.

3. Chickiemom25

Chickiemom25 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    North Alabama
    the little ones fit in a tea cup... the bigger ones are size of a small nurf football. Hopefully these pictures help

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by