September 2015 Hatch-A-long!!

Ok, went back and read the other posts.... you already said.
gig.gif
You have some pretty OE when the girls start laying, they will be darker. I want some OE's!

It really will be fun to watch them grow up. The EE's and OE's can change so much..unless of course they are a solid color. Like my blacks..that I am crossing my fingers are going to be OE's. I should just order some. Where did you get yours?

It really will be fun to watch them grow up.  The EE's and OE's can change so much..unless of course they are a solid color.  Like my blacks..that I am crossing my fingers are going to be OE's.   I should just order some.  Where did you get yours?   

Someone I met here actually lives 15 mins away so I went and picked them up. I'm super excited and wish the three weeks was already over lol.

Lucky you! Yes, the wait, but it will be here soon. Still working on an Aug. hatch. They are due to hatch Sunday. I always get a kick out of starting to watch for pips the day before.

Lucky you!  Yes, the wait, but it will be here soon.   Still working on an Aug. hatch.  They are due to hatch Sunday.  I always get a kick out of starting to watch for pips the day before.   

I had a hatch due yesterday and still nothing. I water tested and 2 were wiggling so I'm gonna give them a few more days I guess.

This is only my second time incubating eggs (first time was a failure) and so I'm not really sure what to do.

Whenever I reach under a mother hen, the eggs feel very warm and moist to the touch, but when I reach into my incubator to turn my eggs they feel cool and dry and yet everyone says the temperature and humidity are right. I candled a few of the eggs on day 5 or so and didn't see veins. In my experience, cool eggs are rotten. I'm not really sure what to do. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom