September 2015 Hatch-A-long!!

Well heck then do it DH2B can't say no if you drive them here. Lol plus we need some more bantams my Nugget is frustrated I think BC we only have a few bantam pullets and the rest are lf.

Where did you get your Oxy?   Not sure about that.

Here is a thread on Baytryl..looks great!   I would go for that. 

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/945918/my-first-sinus-infection

I got it at my local feed store. It's a bag. You mix with water. She's doing so well today! Her eye is half open!!! Oh I'm super happy. I'm still going to treat the flock. I noticed one of my new hens has a runny nose. Just what I thought....I brought in this funk to my babies.
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png

You asked about going injectable antibiotics. By all means, yes it is okay. 1/2 cc for an adult bird in the breast or thigh. Insert the needle just barely under the skin in an upward motion. I prefer under the skin rather than into the muscle. Penicillin, Tylan50, amoxicillin are effective.

I set a mixture of 40 eggs fro my Wyandotte and Bantam breeders on Sept 7 and
45 Quail on Sept 8.
In the hatcher are 18 of the 25 quail eggs that are due today. On the 10th I'll move eggs from the incubator to the hatcher.....
A hatching we will go, a hatching we will go...

I set a mixture of 40 eggs fro my Wyandotte and Bantam breeders on Sept 7 and
45 Quail on Sept 8.
In the hatcher are 18 of the 25 quail eggs that are due today. On the 10th I'll move eggs from the incubator to the hatcher.....
A hatching we will go, a hatching we will go...
Wow a lot of eggs your gonna have babies everywhere

Where did you get your Oxy?   Not sure about that.

Here is a thread on Baytryl..looks great!   I would go for that. 

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/945918/my-first-sinus-infection

I got it at my local feed store. It's a bag. You mix with water. She's doing so well today! Her eye is half open!!! Oh I'm super happy. I'm still going to treat the flock. I noticed one of my new hens has a runny nose. Just what I thought....I brought in this funk to my babies.
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png

You asked about going injectable antibiotics. By all means, yes it is okay. 1/2 cc for an adult bird in the breast or thigh. Insert the needle just barely under the skin in an upward motion. I prefer under the skin rather than into the muscle. Penicillin, Tylan50, amoxicillin are effective.

Thanks so much. I just wasn't sure because the penicillin is for horses,cattle and swine. So that is safe then!? I'm sorry for repeatedly asking I just want to be certain. Ok 1/2 cc,she's an adult. Her eye is almost fully open today!!!!! Oh Jesus thank you. Y'all too! Awesome awesome friends here. Still I've noticed one of the new hens with a runny nose. So the flocks getting treated!!!

Day 22 here: no signs. I don't know what to do. I was gone due to business the last two days, with the only access to my incubator being a web cam and a friend who came over. Humidity stayed at 60-65% during lockdown, and temp has been fairly steady. They looked ok on day 18 when I locked them down, if not a bit underdeveloped for some of them (it was definitely day 18: I marked it off on a calendar). How long do I wait before I call the whole hatch a bust? This is my first time trying this and could only find ebay eggs but was hoping for at least a couple.

Day 22 here: no signs. I don't know what to do. I was gone due to business the last two days, with the only access to my incubator being a web cam and a friend who came over. Humidity stayed at 60-65% during lockdown, and temp has been fairly steady. They looked ok on day 18 when I locked them down, if not a bit underdeveloped for some of them (it was definitely day 18: I marked it off on a calendar). How long do I wait before I call the whole hatch a bust? This is my first time trying this and could only find ebay eggs but was hoping for at least a couple.
I would give it until the end of day 23... then I'd candle, see if there's any movement at all. If temp has been low, that can cause later hatches.

Well heck then do it DH2B can't say no if you drive them here. Lol plus we need some more bantams my Nugget is frustrated I think BC we only have a few bantam pullets and the rest are lf.

I really wish I could, it sounds like a lot of fun, but right now my family doesn't have the time or money.
sad.png
Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom