September 2015 Hatch-A-long!!

We have made it to 8 (3am). 4 left, of which two pipped hours ago.

Last edited:
x 3 successful Birchen Maran hatches and chicks are doing great eating n drinking with the older chicks that are other Maran colors and some Cream Leg Bars.

I'm still waiting on the last egg in the Bator though there is movement in it but it has yet to pip so fingers still crossed and sitting out the long wait.

More pics of Mr. Cutie!
YoYo.....what an adorable little chick!

So the weak chick that needed assistance hatching is still alive, and is a bit stronger. I had to pull the remaining chick from momma hen. She just wasn't doing a good job of protecting the chicks from the rest of the flock. She accidentally stomped a few chicks while charging another hen. I sold 3, and left her with a single chick, but the little one was injured today.
Now these two get to keep each other company.
June- I am sure the little weak guy is happy to have the company!

Sad new excitement over the one that was full white died and all of the other eggs were infertile so only two hatched first hatch for these fees so there is something to start them with so yeah
sorry about your loss and infertility....Congrats on your two hatchers!!!

We have made it to 8 (3am). 4 left, of which two pipped hours ago.

Ihearvoices...You really will be hearing voices soon if you don't get some sleep!!! Congrats on your successful hatch! Go sleep your 8 hours and when you get up maybe they will all be hatched out and looking at you!
jumpy.gif

x 3 successful Birchen Maran hatches and chicks are doing great eating n drinking with the older chicks that are other Maran colors and some Cream Leg Bars.

I'm still waiting on the last egg in the Bator though there is movement in it but it has yet to pip so fingers still crossed and sitting out the long wait.
Congrats on the marans hatch! Hopefully the last little guy will be out soon!
caf.gif

...my crazy staggered hatch is still going well...I learned i can hatch in the cabinet; leaving the incubator on its cooling cycle (90 minutes) and humidity around 45-50%. Kinda challenges all i thought I knew about hatching, humidity and cooling.

I had two hatch yesterday...3 honas on lockdown now day 18. Everyone made it so far. I have 10 isbars, 2 honas, 1 hona mix, 1 light sussex out...

It's so different hatching your own eggs and they all hatch...compared to hatching shipped eggs and you are blessed when any hatch. I used to buy 100 and hope for 10.

Last night ...I just set the two Cemani eggs and two lavender NN I bought from a BYC auction. I also set 5 more Hona eggs. I meant to set two more sussex but forgot them.

I have a pip in the duck eggs. Added a sponge and some water. Fingers crossed. I had set 4 eggs I have two really dark eggs in there. I would venture to say those are duds. The other one I am not sure about yet. Will keep you all posted.

Ihearvoices...You really will be hearing voices soon if you don't get some sleep!!!  Congrats on your successful hatch!  Go sleep your 8 hours and when you get up maybe they will all be hatched out and looking at you!:jumpy

I had gone to bed and awoke to loud cheeping just before 3. Like you can convince yourself not to get up and check? So i did. Went back to bed. Got up at 8 and 10 are out. Another zipped right now. Just one egg left and i don't think he made it to day 18

Back
Top Bottom