September 2015 Hatch-A-long!!

[COLOR=A52A2A]:celebrate It Has Begun!![/COLOR]:celebrate
It is a day early and the first duckling has just emerged! The week-and-a-half-long hatching marathon (at this house) has started and won't wrap up until the last of the eggs/sets hatch on (or around) September 30. This set started out as 6 Pekin mix eggs. One was sterile and was tossed early on. Five made it to the incubator. Status so far; 1 hatched, 1 zipping, and 3 pipped!! Yay! The fun has begun.
That is the cutest pic!

More pics of Mr. Cutie!

Definitely a cutie!
jumpy.gif

celebrate.gif
WooHoo!! The last two ducklings hatched!
celebrate.gif

The first three are already fluffed out and in the brooder. The last two are still in the hatcher drying. Due to the late hour here I may let them remain in the hatcher until morning. At that time they will join their mates in the brooder. Yay!! 5/5 hatched!
Congratulations! Love happy endings!

Wanted to say congrats to everyone!!! And to add that my fat roo also looks like he just got off of a horse ! Kinda waddles like a Bo-legged ogre! Awwww my poor little roo..... And when he dances for the ladies,he about falls slap sideways! Lol
So I'm still waiting for my OEB eggs to hatch. There are at least 7/10 growing babes. I am trying not to be impatient. As soon as they get here they'll be moved into the house. I'm sure my cats will just love that again. Lol. Actually,they do quite well!
Ok y'all keep it coming with the awesome pics!!! And now I want me some duck eggs! Well actually I have a friend that is supposed to give me some......we'll see.

Wanted to say congrats to everyone!!! And to add that my fat roo also looks like he just got off of a horse ! Kinda waddles like a Bo-legged ogre! Awwww my poor little roo..... And when he dances for the ladies,he about falls slap sideways! Lol
So I'm still waiting for my OEB eggs to hatch. There are at least 7/10 growing babes. I am trying not to be impatient. As soon as they get here they'll be moved into the house. I'm sure my cats will just love that again. Lol. Actually,they do quite well!
Ok y'all keep it coming with the awesome pics!!! And now I want me some duck eggs! Well actually I have a friend that is supposed to give me some......we'll see.

I love the ducklings. I hope you get some too.

I had to say goodbye, this morning, to the three chicks from last weeks hatch and all five little ducklings. :hit They went to their new home. It is hard to say goodbye, but I know that it is the right thing to do. If I kept everything I hatch DH would probably have me commited :oops: and the incubators/hatchers impounded. Especially when Spring comes around the incubators are working double time. (I have an "experimental" breeding pen and big plans. Hehehe.) :drool

I had to say goodbye, this morning, to the three chicks from last weeks hatch and all five little ducklings. :hit They went to their new home. It is hard to say goodbye, but I know that it is the right thing to do. If I kept everything I hatch DH would probably have me commited :oops: and the incubators/hatchers impounded. Especially when Spring comes around the incubators are working double time. (I have an "experimental" breeding pen and big plans. Hehehe.) :drool

Lol I know how you feel. Good luck in the spring hatch.

Back
Top Bottom