September 2015 Hatch-A-long!!

That is not a Lavender Laced, sorry. She is a Blue Cochin as in Andalusian blue ( blue-black-splash). If you were going for lavender Kaced you got ripped.

I will I'll see if my friend can send me some she is on her way over soon to see the babies. I am only keeping two she is keeping the rest . I can only have two more hens

We are waiting to see who we are going to keep out of our staggered hatch of 5 Silkies, and 6 Seramas. I think we have two Silkie Roos for sure because they constantly fight, but I'd be disappointed if I gave away a pullet.

We are waiting to see who we are going to keep out of our staggered hatch of 5 Silkies, and 6 Seramas. I think we have two Silkie Roos for sure because they constantly fight, but I'd be disappointed if I gave away a pullet.

Yeah that's what I'm waiting on. My friend just gave me her fertilized eggs and I was going to keep two pullets out of the hatch and she will keep the rest. If there are roosters, well, I guess I have dinner coming up. I wish I could keep a rooster but law ordinances say no in city limits. Bummer. I would love a self sustaining flock.

Yeah that's what I'm waiting on. My friend just gave me her fertilized eggs and I was going to keep two pullets out of the hatch and she will keep the rest. If there are roosters, well, I guess I have dinner coming up. I wish I could keep a rooster but law ordinances say no in city limits. Bummer. I would love a self sustaining flock.

Me too! Idk if I could process my own, even a jerky roo. I did have one years ago. They are illegal here too, but you can hear them all over my neighborhood. My neighbors at the time "ok'd" me having a roo, but I still could have gotten a fine if somebody wanted to turn me in. It's too bad, BC I love Roos (the GOOD ones). They have so much personality and are usually a little more friendly than the girls as chicks. My suspected Silkie roo, Slimy Bob, was my first hatch ever and our favorite, but at only 2 weeks old, he's already getting a little too spunky. I thought Silkies were supposed to be super docile, but Slimy Bob is such a pecker to the other suspected roo. I could just not be familiar with roo behavior though. Out of all the chickens I've ever had, only one was ever a boy. Pretty darn lucky.
This is Slimy Bob. I think I need to rehome him soon, but I'm going to be pretty picky about who gets him. We love Slimy Bob. :(

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom