September 2015 Hatch-A-long!!

I am on day 20 lockdown for the six eggs of my blue isbar i found hiding under a hosta plant. They should be Dan's offspring...my beautiful blue isbar roo who was killed by the neighbors dog. I have one more of her eggs in there and 5 Svart Hona eggs due.

The other crew from earlier this month is growing crazy. The isbars are daredevils and the honas are shy. I do have a cute fat yellow chick in the mix that came from my light sussex crew.

I also bought a couple auction off of here...one for Cemani's and one for peafowl. Both shipments were doomed by the US postal service. One cemani egg is progressing beautifully. The peafowl eggs were all air cell detatched. Hoping something will grow....
fl.gif

Wow I'm so sorry I freaked everyone out!!! I wasn't thinking when I said bird flu of the actual serious disease!!! He speaks Spanish and there's a huge language Barrier. So flu was the only way he knew to describe it. It is the same thing Brenna had. As she came from his flock. It is URI. NOT bird flu!!!! I'm so so sorry to you all. I did not think before choosing my words. I was extremely tired and just worried as well. My flock is just fine. Wilson is wonderful and the rest show no signs. His flock will all be treated for URI today. Thanks to you all for your advice. And again,please forgive me for the panic I've created!!
1f62a.png
1f62a.png
1f62a.png

I know to get Tylan. Any other suggestions? Besides a soluable, I have oxytetracycline. I also have an injectable penicillin. I want to have what is needed to treat Uri just in case this ever comes up again. There were a few other antibiotics that were mentioned when I first asked for help with Wilson and her eye cold. I need to know which one is best to have him pick up for his flock. Thanks guys.

PS: it is not bird flu!!!! Gosh I feel terrible for scaring everyone!!! I don't want y'all thinking my farm is funktified!!!
1f62d.png
Everyone on my farm is fantastic,thank you Lord!
1f64f.png

I know to get Tylan. Any other suggestions? Besides a soluable, I have oxytetracycline. I also have an injectable penicillin. I want to have what is needed to treat Uri just in case this ever comes up again. There were a few other antibiotics that were mentioned when I first asked for help with Wilson and her eye cold. I need to know which one is best to have him pick up for his flock. Thanks guys.

PS: it is not bird flu!!!! Gosh I feel terrible for scaring everyone!!! I don't want y'all thinking my farm is funktified!!!
1f62d.png
1f64f.png

I am using oxytetracycline right now myself

1f62d.png
1f64f.png

So glad to hear that...I was picturing how hard it would be to have to put your whole flock down just bc you were trying to help someone!

Yeah, that would suck.

On other notes, although my quail eggs are overdue I think they're ready to start breaking through. It's day 19 for them, so I took them out to float test and make sure they're good. All looked ok, & I even heard some tapping as I held them up to my ear. Put them back in really quick added water and hopefully they'll start to rock and roll soon!

Yeah, that would suck.

On other notes, although my quail eggs are overdue I think they're ready to start breaking through. It's day 19 for them, so I took them out to float test and make sure they're good. All looked ok, & I even heard some tapping as I held them up to my ear. Put them back in really quick added water and hopefully they'll start to rock and roll soon!

Hope they come flying out of their shells for you soon!

I have 3 pips in the honas and one in the blue isbar egg. Should be some squaking in the incubator tomorrow morning. There are 12 due tomorrow. 5 hona and 7 blue isbar...
pop.gif

Yay soon going to have more babies soon my 7 month old Wyandotte mix is sitting on 13 or so eggs not sure just leaving here pretty sure the are all plymouths if not then my family friend can have it as they are making there first coop will show you guys when it's finished

PLEASE PRAY : Hurricane Jaquine is expected to hit the east coast hard sat eve / sun morn. Everyone please get what you need now and get somewhere safe. I'm praying for everyone who will be affected by this and your animals. As I am directly in its current path. Love all my BYC Fam!!!
1f618.png
1f64f.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom