***SEPTEMBER HATCH-A-LONG come join in***

Quote:
That's Sweet of You!
hugs.gif

What have ya got!
droolin.gif
wink.png

well i got the houdan crossed with a barred rocks,sexlinks,cochin bantam,and some mutts and in next month y houdan hen will be laying so i will then have purebred houdans

Quote:
YES! You get to participate in the September AND October Hatch-a-Longs!

My first time hatching was just a couple months ago - 7 olive egger eggs from Wynette, too! (Excellent wrapping job for shipping; I was afraid I'd smash an egg just trying to get each one out of its bubble wrap!) 6 hatched, 1 drowned in the water reservoir
hit.gif
but I have 5 healthy, happy and active chicks from that hatching. I didn't candle that batch, because I had no clue what to look for AND I didn't want to discover any early disappointments. I totally believed I would do something wrong and none of 'em would hatch.

It was SO amazing when they started to peep from inside the eggs, then pipped, then zipped, then hatched. Such a magical event with each one.

I have since hatched two more sets of eggs, 3 each of 7 eggs, plus I have another set in the incubator right now. I even candle the eggs now, big ol' brave me. (Six of the 7 eggs show development right now! Due to hatch on Sept. 24th.)

Welcome aboard!

Oh wow, this is really the greatest
smile.png
My eggs started to hatch. Actually 7 pm tonight is start of day 21 but I have two Black Copper Marans already out and two Olive Eggers doing the pipping thing. One is near ready to get out, the other not so far along. I am amazed at the all the chirping and peeping going on.

I have 4 more BCM but they haven't started yet and then there are seven olive eggers in total. None of the other eggs have started yet. But I can't wait. I do know not to open the incubator.

This is my first time but I am loving it. Seems like such a small miracle that those eggs become little birds. So great to watch. I hope more of them hatch for me.

wee.gif
:weee

smile.png
i found a way to ensure hach.i got two incubaters.one is to eggs in and push back the frist eggs in.then goes in the the other whhn frist one gets full.there the what to hach,there all ways some hach out ever day.this month i got over 30 chichs,4 dulls 5died in egg 2 with creacks and i drop 1,:(but in all idid good. i get my eggs from my grils.8-10 eggs a day.i staying busy. and donit mess with my lock dowen box much.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom