***SEPTEMBER HATCH-A-LONG come join in***

So 0 out of 18 of the first eggs hatched. Not thrilled. In candling the second batch it looks like I may only get 3 out of 9 to hatch. Im still thinking hatching the goose eggs was easier.

Last edited:
So far I have 3 pips, and I hear lots of little tweeting. But, I never count my chickens before they hatch. The old saying is so true.

I can't wait to meet these chicks. I've spent months drooling over the seller's silkies, so it is almost time to have some babies of my own
smile.png
If and when they hatch, I am going to post lots o' pics.

BeckyBird make sure your camera is charged and I can't wait to see...I hatched some little silkies earlier this year now I'm waiting for them to stay laying they are too cute....I wonder how well mine will lay? txmel some eggs just don't ship well I had 2 batches of those Silver Penciled Rocks that I got one Roo from each setting....I got another batch and I now have 8 more and it looks like I even have some pullets so don't give up just try some from somebody else

Day 20+ some hours and I have three pips! Yay! I expected two eggs to possibly hatch early, as I had two 'overflow' eggs in my unreliable hovabator which had temps ranging anywhere from 98.7 to 101.7 using a brinsea spot check thermometer, but I have THREE pips (all are now in the brinsea). Go chickies go!

Two birds out, one kind of stuck and another who pipped the pointy end and doesnt' seem to be making much progress. I have several other pippers who seem to be a little too lazy to zip, since they haven't done anything in ages. I'll get some pics when a few more decide to hatch. So far, they're all yellow.

Do you ever help them out of the eggs?

I hatched some Marans, and decided to help them out. The first one died during the night, her face was out when we went to bed. So we were too nervous to let the others struggle.

With this hatch, I would like to let nature take it's course.

I agree, it is hard to see them working so hard and we are so near the end. I helped one out, and it's legs were jacked up and so I said I will never get involved again. We will see. So far on this hatch we have 8 little fuzzies and still have 6 in the incubator. We will see. Hang tough, let "Mother" do her thing.

Last edited:
Quote:
yeah i've been looking its just very frustrating, still waiting for the one egg in the hatcher to do something i swear it moved about 3 hours ago but havent seen it do anything yet i keep peeking through the window hoping. i even left the house for an hour thinking that might help but still have to wait, this is so nerve wracking.
barnie.gif

I have been helping, but only if it's something I screwed up - my foam incubator is pretty unreliable. In my brinsea, I have a humidity pump and conditions are as close to perfect as I can get them, so I am not planning to help at all this hatch unless it's very very necessary!

Four pips!

Last edited:
Quote:
Thank-You! I'd love to see pictures of your Bengals!! Bengal cats are sooo much fun! I also have a female Bengal named Sashi. Both my Bengals are F3s so they are very frisky and naughty
lol.png
Here is a picture of Leo on an excersize wheel at JungleKatz cattery just before I bought him. I would love to have one too, but they are so expensive
hmm.png
My Leo alerted me to a Rattle Snake outside our bathroom window a few days ago! I ran out and caught the snake so it wouldn't hide and become a danger
barnie.gif
Here is a picture I took once it was in the bucket
hide.gif

54909_pearlboyjan0820-209.jpg

54909_p1030264.jpg

Back
Top Bottom