Here is a freaky one... Bad obviously..
DSC00001.JPG

Good..
DSC00003.JPG

Bad..
DSC00005.JPG

Good..
DSC00010.JPG

Over all, 16 out of 25 going into lock down tomorrow.

I picked up a Little Giant Still Air Incubator at our local Orscheln last week. I set it up the day before putting eggs in and the temp and humidity were good. I put a batter operated temp/humidity gauge inside.

On 9/29/17 I put 8 eggs in -- 7 Barred Rock and 1 EE.

I used somebody else's idea of cutting bottoms out of an egg carton to put the eggs in and tilt the whole incubator 3 or 4 times a day.

I really dislike this incubator -- the temp gauge is not accurate at all and temperature fluctuates a lot. And that stupid little temperature probe -- I taped it to an empty dog food container so that it sits about same height as top of eggs. Bad design - it should be in a fixed position instead of flopping around when the lid is opened.

Around the end of day 1 I found it had gotten too hot. I end up having to crack the lid a smidge if humidity gets too high and then adjust temp. I now keep a closer eye on the temp. I will candle them tomorrow (7 days) and see if I can see anything.

I picked up a Little Giant Still Air Incubator at our local Orscheln last week. I set it up the day before putting eggs in and the temp and humidity were good. I put a batter operated temp/humidity gauge inside.

On 9/29/17 I put 8 eggs in -- 7 Barred Rock and 1 EE.

I used somebody else's idea of cutting bottoms out of an egg carton to put the eggs in and tilt the whole incubator 3 or 4 times a day.

I really dislike this incubator -- the temp gauge is not accurate at all and temperature fluctuates a lot. And that stupid little temperature probe -- I taped it to an empty dog food container so that it sits about same height as top of eggs. Bad design - it should be in a fixed position instead of flopping around when the lid is opened.

Around the end of day 1 I found it had gotten too hot. I end up having to crack the lid a smidge if humidity gets too high and then adjust temp. I now keep a closer eye on the temp. I will candle them tomorrow (7 days) and see if I can see anything.
this is a good time of the year to watch for good used incubators on Craig's list

Back
Top Bottom