September Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Guess ill be adding 3-4 more eggs as the hen that laid them was murdered by my stupid male lav orps ill be putting them under my serama

Gah. Day 19. Lockdown.
Don't open the incubator.
Is anybody else suffering through lockdown with me?? I'm going to end up sitting on my hands!!! I want so badly to see whether they have internally pipped. So. Badly.

Just started a fresh batch of 8 eggs so guess I'm part of the September hatch along lol
After candling I had one infertile and one early death(bout 10day developed, had blood ring). 6 healthy and kicking embryos :)
Approx. Hatch date 9/19

Temp has stayed steady between 99.4-100.6F, doing a "dry run", but really humidity has been between 45-55% due to the relative humidity of my house.

Current live eggs are:
2 maran, possibly pure black/copper or blue/copper+black copper mixed.

4 EE, should produce olive eggers as only roos are black/copper Maran

So happy this run is going WAY better than my first batch. All eggs are from a friend's backyard flock. First batch she gave me I got a 1/9 hatch rate due to her not realizing some of her hens went broody and had hidden eggs in various stages of development.

Last edited:
:caf Patiently awaiting the arrival of Morts siblings and flock mates!

After candling I had one infertile and one early death(bout 10day developed, had blood ring). 6 healthy and kicking embryos :)
Approx. Hatch date 9/19

Temp has stayed steady between 99.4-100.6F, doing a "dry run", but really humidity has been between 45-55% due to the relative humidity of my house.

Current live eggs are:
2 maran, possibly pure black/copper or blue/copper+black copper mixed.

4 EE, should produce olive eggers as only roos are black/copper Maran

So happy this run is going WAY better than my first batch. All eggs are from a friend's backyard flock. First batch she gave me I got a 1/9 hatch rate due to her not realizing some of her hens went broody and had hidden eggs in various stages of development.

Gah. Day 19. Lockdown.
Is anybody else suffering through lockdown with me?? I'm going to end up sitting on my hands!!! I want so badly to see whether they have internally pipped. So. Badly.
We are in the home stretch now! 2 more days. In my past hatches the eggs have been pretty quiet until day 21, so I just try to keep busy and keep my mind on other things till then.

Back
Top Bottom