September Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Well, I already had to help one of the malpositioned ones. Got part of the shell off, and wrapped in a moist paper towel. I had three externally pip and the malpositioned one was so tight up against the shell-had to help, the outer layer was turning brown by it's beak. Hope she makes it.
I hope it survives!

Almost like yours, blood around the external pip. So I peeled the shell from the air cell to the pip - while setting it on a moist towel. Was worried it might not be able to breathe - hope it makes it, the yolk is almost absorbed. Will check keep checking to see when the blood vessels start drying up. It should be able to hatch itself out from here, almost half the shell is off. It's still breathing. You want to use tweezers or peel back where it is externally pipped with your fingernail.

Day 15 looks great
Just a few...........
20170915_220311.jpg
20170915_221939.jpg
20170915_222152.jpg

Scott

Very nice veins!

Yes there was a lot of movement. The 11/14 silkies Will make it to lock down. 3/11 Brahma might too granted no more croak. Both were shipped eggs and silkies were packaged well Brahma eggs were ok but in a smashed box. I won't be getting any more from them but will from our silkie supplier.
Scott

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom