September Hatch-A-Long!

The man who gave it to DH said that it was 5 to 8 days old (looks older to me), that it was a pure Amerecauna (or Aracauna, DH couldn't remember which). It seems to have ear tufts and it's tail is folded down over it's hiney.

The man who gave it to DH said that it was 5 to 8 days old (looks older to me), that it was a pure Amerecauna (or Aracauna, DH couldn't remember which). It seems to have ear tufts and it's tail is folded down over it's hiney.

Sorry to be bursting your bubble, but that's not a pure ameraucana. That's a mix, called an Americana. Most commonly referred to as an Easter Egger. It's a mix with some kind ameraucana somewhere in it's backround. It looks like it will be very pretty when it's older. :)

I have 6 eggs under a Rock X Red hen, all the eggs aren't hers as I have 16 other hens. I think she just laid on a pile of the mornings eggs in the nest boxes so I moved her into her brooding cage. It is now day 7, and she getting a little bit more grumpy with me although I still hand feed and water her (she has easy access to both, but I always give it to her to keep her a little bit more docile and to make sure she gets enough) This is my first time brooding, and I was just wondering if you have any tips for me, i.e. what to watch for, what to do when they start to hatch, etc. etc. Thanks!
celebrate.gif

I have 6 eggs under a Rock X Red hen, all the eggs aren't hers as I have 16 other hens. I think she just laid on a pile of the mornings eggs in the nest boxes so I moved her into her brooding cage. It is now day 7, and she getting a little bit more grumpy with me although I still hand feed and water her (she has easy access to both, but I always give it to her to keep her a little bit more docile and to make sure she gets enough) This is my first time brooding, and I was just wondering if you have any tips for me, i.e. what to watch for, what to do when they start to hatch, etc. etc. Thanks!
celebrate.gif
There is a Jan/Feb Hatch-a-long. Everyone has moverd to there. Come on over.

Back
Top Bottom