September Monthly Swap . . . . Sign-up NOW - Open til Monday.

renegaderidgefarm

Songster
11 Years
Jul 6, 2009
South Carolina
MYSTERY EGG SWAP
I want everybody to feel that they can join and that the eggs will be sent. This is why a deadline is set.

IF YOU DON'T THINK YOU CAN GET YOUR EGGS OUT ON TIME, DO NOT SIGN UP!

Please make sure that you are ready for eggs when you join this swap. It is not possible to wait for your incubator to get empty.

There have been problems in the past with people not receiving, or not informing 'us' that they have received, their eggs.

Please people, make sure you post here when you receive your eggs!!

There were a few problems with previous swaps, but for the most part, everything has went well.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer
This swap is not endorsed by BYC (owner, website, staff, etc.). The BYC Staff is not responsible and will not mediate if something goes "wrong" or a deal goes "bad". If you choose to participate in a swap, it is best to know who you are swapping with and not to swap more than you can afford to lose. The BYC Staff is sensitive because some past swaps have not worked out. We want our members to feel comfortable having fun with these and other social interactions, but please keep in mind that there were issues with some organizers and swappers not following through on their commitments in the past.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rules

So big rule #1 If you have mixed you will probably only get mixed
#2 You can NOT pick a certain breed
#3 All swappers must be signed up by NOON on SEPTEMBER 10th
#4 This month the swap will be a Mystery Egg Chain Swap. . . See post #2 for details and instructions.
#5 YOU MUST ACQUIRE A DELIVERY CONFIRMATION NUMBER AND PM IT TO ME
#6 Everyone will be required to send 6 eggs except for those sending goose, turkey or peafowl, the min for these is 4. You're welcome to send more. Please try to send the cleanest eggs possible.
#7 Please package the eggs carefully. Individually wrapped and secured so they have the best chance of surviving the trip.
#8 Due to previous problems, only active members of the BYC community are eligible to participate at my discretion
#9 If you fail to fulfill your obligations on this or any other swap, you will be unable to participate in future swaps
#10 PLEASE PUT "SEPTEMBER EGG SWAP" IN THE SUBJECT OF YOUR PM
#11 YOU MAY PARTICIPATE AS MANY TIMES AS YOU LIKE - ONLY 1 PM IS NECESSARY FOR ALL ENTRIES - JUST BE CLEAR
#12 MIXED COLOR PARENTS ARE TO BE CONSIDERED CROSS BREEDS
ex. you have partridge Cochins, SL Cochins and buff Cochins in one pen then the offspring are to be considered crosses
#13 DO NOT POST WHAT YOU HAVE OR WHAT YOU WANT ON THIS THREAD
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will reply to PMs to let you know I received it. Write again if you don't hear from me w/in 48 hrs.

Please send me a PM with the following information:
BYC Name
Real Name
Address
Phone #

WE HAVE 2 OPTIONS THIS MONTH . . . . . PURE AND MIXED
If you have pure birds but mixed colors please consider them mixed. If you sign up with pure atleast 6 MUST be PURE – any extras can be mixed colors or mixed breeds. All eggs DO NOT have to be from the same breed, example . . . 3 Pure Barred Rocks and 3 Pure Rhode Island Reds.

To be entered in this swap, please post only that you want to enter this months swap, and send a PM to me with the listed information. Thank

Last edited:
September Mystery Egg Chain Swap.

This swap will be like a dreaded chain letter. Once sign ups close I will compile 2 lists (possibly more - depending on entries), a pure list and a mixed list. I will ship the first set of eggs out to the second person on the list along with the list. The second person will cut their name and address off the top of the list and ship to the third person. The third person will cut their name and address off the list and ship to the fourth person and so on until we get to the bottom of the list.

If you have questions please post them here.

Last edited:
me too
smile.png

Due to winter right around the corner I had better not join in the swaps till spring. I wish I had started alot earlier with this. I still have two bators going and full and a broody sitting on 16 eggs, unfortunately none of the 16 eggs are fertile, so am saving some eggs to swap out under her.

Back
Top Bottom