Sequence Contest is BACK! *PRIZE* CLOSED

oh what a beautiful guy!! We have a hatch happening right now, so I KNOW our home made incubator works
wink.png

Quote:
Thank you very much, she is about 5 months now and her wattles and comb are huge, I hope she lays an egg soon.

Hello Everone!

Just a couple of things before I start.

* Many thanks to my friend Julieann who started me onto this addiction. She built an
incubator (yes, I said built), she took care of turning the eggs three times a day, she
took care of all the chicks we shared until I had a coupe built. Without her, I would
not be where I am today. :aww
wee.gif

* Feel FREE to RIGHT CLICK my pictures....I SHARE.
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif

* There are a couple more pics on my Photobucket site. My page is called Lakota_Ranch.
There are several albums listed, however, these pics are in one with the album named
BackYardChicken...

Name: Frizzle Frizzle
Breed: Giant White Cochin Frizzle
Age in pictures, just above each picture.
Fun Fact: This chicken was hatched in 2007 from eggs purchased from eBay. We had 6 eggs and 4 hatched. Three were White Frizzles and the fourth looks more like a Non Frizzled Barred Rock. Frizzle chicks do not always hatch out Frizzled. Some have normal
straight feathers. The frizzle is actually the feathers naturally curling backwards.

This is Frizzle Frizzle's Birthday, 05-12-07. Newborns are so precious. If you have never
hatched a chick, then you miss out on watching the newborn stand there, get to wobble, then just collapse and fall down asleep. Julieann used to get upset with me because
I just had to push them over when they would wobble.

1-Standard_Chick-GiantWhiteCochinFr.jpg

Now we are at 06-15-07, 1 month, 3 days.
2-Standard_Hen-GiantWhiteCochinFriz.jpg

Now we are at 06-28-07, 1 Month, 1 Week, and 2 Days.

3-Standard_Hen-GiantWhiteCochinFriz.jpg

Now we are at 07-10-07, 2 Months old. She is sitting with her sister, Lucky Peeps. You can deside if her sister is a Barred Rock or not, she is Booted and very fluffy. You know, she appeared dead after the hatch. We had started to fold her up into a paper towel and
place her into a bucket to take to the trash. She screamed and screamed. Since she was fighting, we desided to see if she would live. That is where she gets her name, Lucky Peeps.

4-Standard_Hen-GiantWhiteCochinFriz.jpg

Last pic, 11-27-07, 6 Months, 2 Weeks, 1 Day. And she still looks like this today.

5-Standard_Hen-GiantWhiteCochinFriz.jpg

I would love to take this bird to a show, she may not win, but it would give others the chance to see her breed. Besides, we all need to work together to educate other and keep the Rare Breeds alive and well.....right?

I hope you have enjoyed the pics! Suzzie
duc.gif

Name: Spirit and Bok Bok
Breed: Mutts
Age in pictures: 1wk,4wk,8wk,10wk,15wk
Fun Fact (optional): Spirit and Bok Bok were my son's first chickens. From them, we grew a whole army. LOL!

Chickens0292.jpg

Chickens0512-1.jpg

Chickens0892.jpg

Chickens1912-1.jpg

Chickens2632.jpg

Back
Top Bottom