serama cant walk

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by The_Rooster_84, Oct 27, 2011.

1. The_Rooster_84

The_Rooster_84 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 29, 2011
    I added a hen to my serama pair this past week, because her mate was killed awhile back. They've all been in same proximity and so on.. however I knew they didn't like one another... well apparently the "outsider" kicked the crap out of her.. the other hen had a cut on her eye lid and the other had blood on her wing and she cannot stand or walk and legs are cold.. she has a big appetite and not sick acting... anyone heard of this? I've wondered if its mareks or if rly just got the hell beat out of her

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  2. The_Rooster_84

Sep 29, 2011
    ? Anyone have any insight

3. Memphisjourney2seramas

Memphisjourney2seramas Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2011
    I would think she just got beat up. Seperate her either way and get her some heat.

4. The_Rooster_84

Sep 29, 2011
    Yesterday she was eating and drinking well... today she wont eat or drink unless I use a eye dropper.. very weak heavy shallow breathing eyes are shut.. acts in pain if u handle her... im wondering if she didn't have a stroke... id be surprised if she pulls through the night

5. Memphisjourney2seramas

Memphisjourney2seramas Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2011
    that is aweful. maybe put some sugar in the water for more calories. Don't give up yet!

6. The_Rooster_84

Sep 29, 2011
    Went out at 3am tonight to check and water her and she passed away [​IMG] atleast I currently got 2 chicks out of her and hopefully some in the next few hours I can hear peeping in the incubator..

7. Frosty

Frosty Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    I am really sorry to hear that she passed... [​IMG] Wish I could say why.

8. dpops853

dpops853 New Egg

Oct 29, 2011
    i'm sorry to hear of your loss its sad to lose a pet . i've had them to fight before but not to that point. i have a wire cage that i sit in the coop and place the new kid in and let them get used to each other a few days before i release the new one.it seems to work pretty well hope this helps. dpops853

9. The_Rooster_84

Sep 29, 2011
    On the bright side her chick just hatched. I got a few more in there due in a week and half ... but seems they all succumb to the lethal gene before pip. I had one the other night peeping and next day nothing so it died in shell... this one I felt compelled to assist and the membrane did bleed a little bit last night so I stopped and let him do the rest.. thx guys

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by