Serama chick food?

Banty crazy

Songster
Oct 7, 2020
Hi ppl. I haven’t posted in months because we moved from AZ to Iowa! Unfortunately I had to rehome my chickens before leaving AZ because we didn’t have room for them. We had 4 dogs, my snake and Yokie our African gray plus two hawks and my little kestrel. I missed not having chickens so I finally bought the kind of chickens I’ve wanted for years. I now have 5 serama chicks.
My question is about chick starter. In AZ I fed Dumor but I can’t find it here. Right now they’re getting Purina start and grow because I had a small bag in the freezer from AZ. It’s 18% protein but I can’t find this food either!! All I could find is Kent, 18% starter. I don’t think I’ve ever heard of Kent before. If anyone has used this, could you please let me know what you think of it?? I haven’t started using it yet. Here’s a crappy photo. Lol
image.jpg

Hi ppl. I haven’t posted in months because we moved from AZ to Iowa! Unfortunately I had to rehome my chickens before leaving AZ because we didn’t have room for them. We had 4 dogs, my snake and Yokie our African gray plus two hawks and my little kestrel. I missed not having chickens so I finally bought the kind of chickens I’ve wanted for years. I now have 5 serama chicks.
My question is about chick starter. In AZ I fed Dumor but I can’t find it here. Right now they’re getting Purina start and grow because I had a small bag in the freezer from AZ. It’s 18% protein but I can’t find this food either!! All I could find is Kent, 18% starter. I don’t think I’ve ever heard of Kent before. If anyone has used this, could you please let me know what you think of it?? I haven’t started using it yet. Here’s a crappy photo. LolView attachment 2820083
Send me the penguin child :love
Now in a serious note, Kent brand chicken starter looks to be completely fine, and if you are worried about the protein, you could sacrifice some scraps of meat or bugs to them.

"Best feed for chicks

This is the third batch of Cornish cross chicks I have raised on this feed. They are fed this from the day I get them until they reach the desired weight which is about 6-7 weeks. They were hatched April 6 and weigh 4 lbs now"

"Poultry
My chicks are on their 2nd week of this feed. The chicks are thriving and growing significantly since switching. They love the crumbles."

Source of reviews

It's probably perfectly fine.
Thank you! I’m wondering if it’s not agreeing with them because yesterday one had diarrhea and it was very dark. I’m treating them again with Corid to be safe!! I treated them a couple days after getting them because of the stress of being shipped. I’d really hate to loose any!! I’m just a worried mom.

Send me the penguin child :love
Now in a serious note, Kent brand chicken starter looks to be completely fine, and if you are worried about the protein, you could sacrifice some scraps of meat or bugs to them.

"Best feed for chicks

This is the third batch of Cornish cross chicks I have raised on this feed. They are fed this from the day I get them until they reach the desired weight which is about 6-7 weeks. They were hatched April 6 and weigh 4 lbs now"

"Poultry
My chicks are on their 2nd week of this feed. The chicks are thriving and growing significantly since switching. They love the crumbles."

Source of reviews
I’ve ordered some meal worms for them and I tried a fly and small eats worms but they were afraid of them. Lol. My standard size chicks loved every bug I offered them. These seramas are sooo different.

Back
Top Bottom