serama chicks-hens or roosters?

bantiesrule

Songster
11 Years
Dec 1, 2008
Long Prairie, MN
I have two little seramas that I'm not sure of. The first one hatched July 6th and seemed to have a big comb early on so I thought it was a rooster but now I'm not sure, what do you think?

19303_serama_chicks_9-26-09_008.jpg

And the second one? It hatched a week later.

19303_serama_chicks_9-26-09_016.jpg

They fight like a couple of roos but I don't see any sickle feathers yet and they don't seem to have much for wattles.

The top one is almost 12 weeks, the bottom one almost 11.
My serama hens seem to have more of a comb than my OEG's so I just don't know. I'm new to seramas so I'm still trying to tell how they look at different ages.

Ok... I know that they are only going on 3 months, but they look like my girls... Although their faces are quite red. Actually here's a pic of my newest roo, and his girlfriend, Lemon. Both are about 4-5 months old... I really think you may have 2 girls, but Maybe I just feel like being different tonight... I should know better than to go against the grain by now
lau.gif

ETA: Took a second look, and does the second bird have pointy feathers coming in on his neck? It kinda looks like it, which = roo... Other bird I don't see any pointy feathers starting at all.

Lemon (Her face is a little washed out in this pic - it is a bit more red in person):
27475_img_1347.jpg

Frizzle roo:
27475_img_1354.jpg

Last edited:
I know the red of the comb and size says roo, but the tail and the saddle feathers on the first one are saying pullet to me......well maybe..they look a little more pointy in the background of the second pic....

The second one looks roo by what I can see of his saddle feathers...

Most of my pullets at that age have very very little or no comb....so maybe it is a roo? How about some up close saddle feather pics, lol! Thats what I like to look for.

Back
Top Bottom