Serama eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by rarebreedeggs4u, Nov 1, 2009.

1. rarebreedeggs4u

rarebreedeggs4u Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2009
    Morrow, AR
    I got some new birdies [​IMG] I also got 11 fertile eggs. They are so tiny!!! How do I manage them in the turning trays? Should I modify an egg carton? I have a Sportsman 1202 that currently humming with hatches for next Friday and the following Monday, so I don't really want to turn off the automatic turner. I have standard chicken egg trays and these little ones will lay over sideways~LOL

2. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    I set my seramas in little square guaze sponges inside the turner. I called them their baby blankets. Seemed to work well. The guaze is soft but porous. (WalMart in the pharmacy section, by the bandages.)

3. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    take some egg cartons and cut off the bottom of each cup, the smaller the carton the better, you can wire the carton to the wire of the tray. they will move around a little or if you can get your hands on quail trays they work too

4. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    How's it going???

[​IMG]

5. rarebreedeggs4u

rarebreedeggs4u Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2009
    Morrow, AR
    Thanks so much for asking [​IMG] I candled last night (inside the incubator, without moving them) and it looks like 7 of the 11 are GROWING! I'm so excited~LOL [​IMG] I cannot IMAGINE putting these babies (if they hatch) outside in a brooder at 3 days old, like I did my Partridge Penedesenca babies~LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by