Serama Hatch 1-27-09

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by urbanhatch, Jan 29, 2009.

1. urbanhatch

urbanhatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    New York
    These are my first Serama's hatched on Tuesday:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. magsrags

magsrags Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Staten Island NY
    Oh they are o small and sweet!!! congrats and best of luck.
    [​IMG]

3. redchicken

redchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2007
    Eastern Pa
    I have a question do people breed seramas one color or certain colors.

4. urbanhatch

Aug 6, 2008
    New York
    Quote:I am told that they come in many different colors. I am by no means an expert. I like the size, and that they are friendly.

5. redchicken

Sep 15, 2007
    Eastern Pa
    Quote:I am told that they come in many different colors. I am by no means an expert. I like the size, and that they are friendly.

But do you breed certain colors of like easter eggers are they all random patterns?

6. urbanhatch

Aug 6, 2008
    New York

But do you breed certain colors of like easter eggers are they all random patterns?

Take a look at this site for example. Lots of information:

http://www.jerrysseramasllc.com/homepage.htm

7. Tx Serama Man

Tx Serama Man Out Of The Brooder

Dec 29, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx
    Quote:You can get any color of serama out of any pair of serama. I know many people that are in Serama Council Of North America that have got it down to where they breed white an just get white or breed black seramas and get solid black seramas. They have bred genaration after generation to where they can get the colors they want.

8. redchicken

Sep 15, 2007
    Eastern Pa
    Quote:You can get any color of serama out of any pair of serama. I know many people that are in Serama Council Of North America that have got it down to where they breed white an just get white or breed black seramas and get solid black seramas. They have bred genaration after generation to where they can get the colors they want.

But say if someone sold seramas on eggbid do you think they would be all different colors?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by