Serama hatcheries or breeders

Not that I know of. You might want to check out Jerry's Seramas or Bluegrass Seramas. BluegrassSeramas is a BYCer!

Serama breeders will generally try to discourage purchases of hatchery Seramas. One reason is crossbreeding. Because Serama eggs are not hardy, hatcheries may cross with similar breeds in order to fill their orders. This is already being done across the country by unscrupulous deviants trying to make a buck. Why sell a jap for $5 when you can call it a Serama and charge $20? Serama chicks are also not very resiliant. As hatcheries like to ship out their chicks as day-olds, Seramas will barely have a chance in the mail.

I have some seramas. I have shipped eggs before and they don't seem to do very well this time of year, but if you would be interested in hatching eggs, I would be more than happy to ship you some when the weather warms up some this spring.

I agree with staying away from hatcheries for any really, most are fiarly poor quality in my opinion and experiences. We also have seramas too, and there are loads of breeders on here with them. Try the breeders sticky at the top of this forum, also check the genetics forum for serama threads, there are several of them.
Good luck

Back
Top Bottom