serama,OEGB or dutch..??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by henroo, Oct 30, 2015.

1. henroo

henroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2014
    heyy everyone.. Can you all tell me what breed is this pair of chicken..? i'm pretty sure they are not serama but you never know.. i'm leaning more towards Dutch bantam due to the presence of the white earlobe and besides they don't have the posture of serama... thanks all of you in advance..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

I would say Dutch Bantam based on the earlobe. Looks like a Splash pullet and a Blue (maybe Lavender?) cockerel.

3. henroo

Apr 10, 2014
    thank you... so i was on the right path on guessing them.. :p
    you are right on the colours... it is indeed a splash pullet and a blue cockerel.. :)

4. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    The rooster may be a Dutch bantam mix, but he is not pure. His body type is wrong for a purebred Dutch bantam, his earlobes aren't completely white, and his coloring is off. The hen also looks like a mix, even more so than the rooster. They may be Serama/Dutch mixes, or Old English Game/Dutch mixes.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    in the second photo the roo looks very serama-ish. Either a mix, or hatchery quality.

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Dutch bantam.

The cockerel may be a mix, but he looks like a Self Blue

The pullet is a White.

7. henroo

Apr 10, 2014
    thanks guys for your answers... i don't think they are serama mix cause serama are quite rare in my country.. i'm thinking may be OEGB and dutch mix... the hen is a splash as she has flecks of black on her but you can't see them well on the photos... They were sold as serama to a friend of mine... i had posted pictures of them when they were younger and people suggested serama but i don't see the posture of serama at all... only a tid bit in pic 2...

8. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    They both look quite similar to a Japanese bantam, though the earlobe color is off. I wouldn't doubt a Japanese bantam/Dutch mix. Whatever you decide they are, they are very pretty!

9. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    They look like Dutch Bantam mixes to me. Not pure Dutch Bantams.

10. henroo

Apr 10, 2014
    thanks for your answers... i don't think they are japanese mix cause the hens' tail would have been more fan tailed and both of them would have shorter leg... i'm guessing OEGB/dutch mix... They are not mine...
    A friend of mine are selling them and wanted to know what breed they were exactly.. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by