Serama pullet or roo?

Becky, no not the OP. I can get pics of any angle of both birds for you hopefully tomorrow. I am just interested because I now have the black one pictured above.

LOL, I have heard the term "egg squat" before but I have never seen one of my hens do it. I'll take your word for it though. I usually know what I have way before they get to the egg laying stage, though I did have a mottled cochin and I bet, even now, if I showed her on here along with the other mottled cochin hen, everyone would say that the first one was a roo. It has a large comb and wattles and the other one has none. But there is no saddle feathers and I get eggs from both. Sometimes looks are really deceiving on here, so much easier to tell if you could really see them.

Got some pics tonight. The first one is the brother of the one in question. He is 1 day older.
15_011.jpg

This is the best I could get of the other one. It just don't seem to stay still for very long.
15_028.jpg

The guessing game is over. This little black chicken is a girl. I have gotten 2 eggs from her in the last week. So I guess it goes to show you can't always go by comb size.

Back
Top Bottom