Serama semi broody

shotokun1115

In the Brooder
Jan 31, 2022
Philippines
My serama hen started sitting her 10 eggs 3 days ago. In the 1st and 2nd day, she sits only at night and I noticed that she's kinda broody, or perhaps going broody at that time. And in 3rd day she sits on her eggs in a whole day, and now is her 2nd day of sitting her egg in a whole day. When I attempted to touch her eggs, she was not that aggressive at all. A friend of mine said as long as she's sitting there all day until the eggs hatch, I shouldn't be worried. Is there a chance that her broodiness will break and she abandon her eggs since she's not fully broody? The eggs are starting to develop so I'm worried. This is my first time having a serama chickens.

My hen was off and on for the first days. It is her first time hatching so I think she was just figuring it out. She is about to hatch soon and has been very good and protective. My other hen just started to go broody now and was pecking a little when I tried to touch her but 90% of the time just lets me touch her. I think its just because she is a very docile hen, has been ever since she was a chick, well me other one is very wild.

My hen was off and on for the first days. It is her first time hatching so I think she was just figuring it out. She is about to hatch soon and has been very good and protective. My other hen just started to go broody now and was pecking a little when I tried to touch her but 90% of the time just lets me touch her. I think its just because she is a very docile hen, has been ever since she was a chick, well me other one is very wild.
The hen that I mentioned here had hatched 4 healthy chicks. She's a very good mom.

Back
Top Bottom