Serama tips to perfect breeding!!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by savvy1, Jul 23, 2013.

1. savvy1

savvy1 In the Brooder

Jul 22, 2013
    I have a few questions. My mom likes a certain serama for her colouring. It's truly amazing :drool drooling she is REALLY big. They need like a class D for her. How could I get baby's out of her without them being so big when there full grown? I'll try to get some pictures of them if anyone's interested. Thanks in advance.:thumbsup

2. Small roo over big hen... Medium babies. Breed back to dad for smaller size. Or mom if you want layers (bigger = better layer)
    Just remember to see if she has good quality... We have 2 boys, one lacking in chest and tail thickness but beautiful, other has good thick tail and nice cleavage (LOL), but not so fancy.

Got a pic? ;)

3. savvy1

savvy1 In the Brooder

Jul 22, 2013
    I'll try to put some up in the next few days. Do you have pictures of your birds?

4. [​IMG]
    Pics don't do justice... This boy.. Ugh. He's something to drool over. His chest is a bit lacking in depth, the tail could use some thickening, and I think it's just the way I had him but he usually doesn't have such upright wings.. Neither do. Lol. They both could use a better 'pose'
    [​IMG]
    You can see him here in the background, wings much more at an angle.
    [​IMG]
    This is the other boy. Not good pic, but has a very full pic. He's in the background, but it shows his better side and pose. But his combs a bit wonky, gonna need the other boy to throw in some different colors and better combs :D
    [​IMG]
    I was chasing him here so he took off, best pic I could get.. Lol

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  5. savvy1

savvy1 In the Brooder

Jul 22, 2013
    Do you breed birds? Looks like I saw some Japanese bantams in that pile.

6. [​IMG]
    This boy?
    Naw, we picked him up from the feed store as a known roo, didn't want him to be surprise rooster to someone who didnt want/can't have roosters, and end up in the stew pot of bad Roos.
    Got him, 2 other definite roosters and a few unknown genders. Sadly only have 3 left of 12 :O gonna need to lock them up next summer instead of letting them free range /:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: