seramas as house pets

chkinut

Songster
9 Years
Feb 25, 2010
Leesburg, Ohio
hi guys! i have a question. has anyone ever considered or actually HAS seramas as house chickens? i'm considering buying some hatching eggs (about 6) and hatching them (have hatched plenty of eggs i the past, but not serama eggs). and i was wanting to keep them as house pets. of course i would let them out to get sunshine and take dust baths, probably every day. i was thinking of getting them diapers for when they're inside, but they would have a cage to go in when i am gone, and at night. any thoughts?

Yep! I gottem in the house and outside. I have diapers for them too. You will find that they fit in just fine with family in the house. Ours will cry when you leave and follow you and jump on your lap if you put them down. They are adictive! Get 12 eggs because they are hard to hatch and shipped are ever harder. You are lucky to get a few hatched from shipped eggs but well worth it.
hi guys! i have a question. has anyone ever considered or actually HAS seramas as house chickens? i'm considering buying some hatching eggs (about 6) and hatching them (have hatched plenty of eggs i the past, but not serama eggs). and i was wanting to keep them as house pets. of course i would let them out to get sunshine and take dust baths, probably every day. i was thinking of getting them diapers for when they're inside, but they would have a cage to go in when i am gone, and at night. any thoughts?

A major downside to having a chicken(s) in the house is the smell of their poop!
If you want to try it, I would go ahead and try to house train them too. There was a post about training them to poop in a certain area, like in a cage.

great idea to teach them to poop in their cage! i would LOVE it if that worked. i would rather not deal with diapers. as for getting 12 hatching eggs, i really only want 2 seramas, but would be ok if i had 3 or 1. i'm afraid if i get 12 eggs i'll end up with 6 pets! i wonder how many would hatch out of 12? 1 or 2? or 6 to 8? any ideas?

Better yet buy chicks or started pair. They are easy to raise. Dont have chicks shipped. Look in your area for a pair and I but you will find some locally.

great idea to teach them to poop in their cage! i would LOVE it if that worked. i would rather not deal with diapers. as for getting 12 hatching eggs, i really only want 2 seramas, but would be ok if i had 3 or 1. i'm afraid if i get 12 eggs i'll end up with 6 pets! i wonder how many would hatch out of 12? 1 or 2? or 6 to 8? any ideas?

yeah, i could try that, can't hurt. as long as they're tame. but i'm thinking they may be hard to find around here. but i do know a lady that raises chickens, maybe she has some.

Back
Top Bottom