seramas in the cold

The great integrator? Not so much... LOL my darn eldest male Serama is beating up and taking feathers off all the younger birds but nobody is getting hurt really. I may pen him up seperately with a few hens if he doesn't calm down soon. Birds should not be bald in winter. Bad roo....

None of my bantams have issues mixing. I toss them into various combinations all the time. My standards are having some issues being stuck in the coop because I've got 7 teenage roos plus my older roo and a mutt bantam roo out there with only 5 hens. My hens were killed by a dog last fall and I hatched nothing but roosters this year.
roll.png
Even amongst my bantams in the other coop I now have 8 serama roos and 3 hens. The only reason I have them all together is because there are 3 jap hens and 1 roo then I bought sebright pullets this year and moved some bantam EE hens in there keeping the ratio at least slightly in favor of the hens.

i heard that the cant handle cold temps. but mine handle it just fine. i have around ten and i have 2 heat lamps and they roost up in the rafters furthest away from the heat lamps. all the banties roost in the rafters and the STDS on the roosts. mine handle it with ease.

Back
Top Bottom