Seramas post all your pictures

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by redchicken, Jan 29, 2009.

1. redchicken

redchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2007
    Eastern Pa
    post all your serama chick and adult pictures.

2. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

Here are some pics of my young ones.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2009
  3. emandmikey

emandmikey Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    Wake Forest, NC
    Here are mine...

This is Cutie Pie - she's just started laying...
    [​IMG]

This is Rainbow, she's also just started laying...
    [​IMG]

I have some other photos, I'll add them later. Why do you want them?

4. emandmikey

Apr 30, 2008
    Wake Forest, NC
    This is Rocky, when he was a week old... I don't have a good adult picture of him yet... I'll probably try tomorrow...
    [​IMG]

Here are Rocky (rt) and Snowflake (lf)... they were both a week old here... Both cockerals...
    [​IMG]

And... this is Snowflake, Rocky, and Itty-Bitty... Itty-Bitty is the smallest one (duh) and was one day old when this picture was taken... all Serama cockerals...
    [​IMG]

I'll try to get some shots of them as adults tomorrow... depends on the weather!

5. redchicken

Sep 15, 2007
    Eastern Pa
    do you guys know what grades the birds are so I can see how different grade a is to b or c.

6. emandmikey

Apr 30, 2008
    Wake Forest, NC
    I saw this info somewhere online... "A true Grade A Serama weigh less than 350 grams and the height should not be more than 7.5 inches for male and 5.5 inches for female. Their eggs should weigh between 12-16 grams. Anything more than the above specification are grade B Serama or Kapan. True Serama chicks take much longer time to mature. For example, at 4 months old, they still look pretty much like a chick except the cockeral should start sprouting a tinge of the red comb only! "

I don't know if it's true or not. I have not measured or weighed any of my Seramas yet... I may do that tomorrow too! LOL! I have weighed the eggs I've gotten from Cutie Pie and Rainbow, but they've just started laying in the last two weeks, so I'm not sure if the size is accurate to 'true' size or not. The eggs are weighing in at 28 grams, so I would guess that they're both "B"s or "C"s... I really don't know...

7. redchicken

Sep 15, 2007
    Eastern Pa
    can you keep a lot more than normalish sized chickens?

8. chickenboy95

chickenboy95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2008
    se ohio
    i have lots of pictures of my seramas.
    i know know the class sizes of them though.
    sorry i cant help you with that.
    but here they are...

this is a momma hen with her chick...a little cockeral.

[​IMG]

this is a little hen names diamond that i got at a poultry show in columbus ohio.

[​IMG]

this a roo named doodle

[​IMG]

here is the little momma hen and her chick...the little cockeral outside in the yard.

[​IMG]

heres momma hen by her self in her stance.

[​IMG]

here is doodle and i think the little hen is an A class size serama. her name is sabrina.(the wind was blowing them)

[​IMG]

here is sabrina again. again the wind was blowing her tail.

[​IMG]

diamond walking through the snow.

[​IMG]

doodle. he was in a late moult so his tail isint the greatest.

[​IMG]

here is diamond and doodle walking/flying back to the coop. doodle doesnt like the snow so he flew to the coop. diamond had just landed just before i could her the photo, but she walked the rest after she landed.

[​IMG]

THE END.

HOPE YOU ENJOYED ALL THE PICS..... [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  9. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    What great pictures! Im in Ky --crashing at a friends house because the ice/snow/slush/ice/snow storm has us all in lock down. There are inches of ice on everything....... which is really pretty now that the sun is out. I'm going to run home and snap some serama shots to post while I check on my "petting zoo"....lol I'll put some on here later. I love to see other peoples seramas!!

10. emandmikey

Apr 30, 2008
    Wake Forest, NC
    Here are my Cockerals today...

Rocky -
    [​IMG]

Snowflake -
    [​IMG]

Itty-Bitty -
    [​IMG]

They're all pretty nice... I have no idea what grade they are... Itty-Bitty weighed in at .82lbs this morning. The other two are slightly larger than him.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by