Serama's

I have ONE lonely chick right now, he is 5 days old and a doll.
big_smile.png
but, I know there are others on this list that do raise them, I know ae50mag is one. good luck,

agree ae50mg is tops-I am wanting eggs from him.I got eggs from afreiend of of his and look at the
IMAG0598.jpg
babies aren't they too cute- but a little camera shy at 2 days old

I have 8 they will be 5 weeks old this saturday... I got 2 roos and 6 hens out of the hatch... I love them, they are the cutest little things.. and so sweet... though we baby all our chooks so none are worth 2 cents.. lol
smile.png

I have a breeder's pair I got from Dixiebirds.com on Ovabid.com. They are silkie Seramas and I just love them! My little hen is broody right now and I'm praying she will hatch her chicks this Friday! I know a judge on this forum who doesn't particulary care for them; thinks they are a fad like pot bellied pigs. They are not recognized in all the chicken shows, but I personally think they make the best pets! They don't eat much and they are easy care, low expense chickens. They are NOT very cold hardy, which is why some folks raise them in cages in their house! They aren't supposed to make it below 40 degrees F, but mine are in a tin house covered storage shed and did just fine at 28 degrees this winter a few times. I use deep litter in my coop and their roost is only a couple of feet off the floor. I fed them scratch and/or cracked corn close to roost time and early in the morning on those coldest days and nights because that helps warm them. They are tropical birds, so they should just love the hot Mississippi summers! LOL! Mine are sweet and easy to handle, as well. Best wishes!

I have 2 that I keep with my silkies. They are only 3 weeks old though but they are well loved by my nieces and nephews.

I have 2 pairs and 27eggs in the bator, and I love them to death. They are one of my favorite breeds, next to my cochins and crevecoeurs. They are luva-bugs and cocky little snots. They love to strut their stuff and show off for you. My little girl has the nastiest "tude". She doesn't have an attitude, she has tude. But she's a sweetheart when I handle her. I love them!

Back
Top Bottom