Seremas not brooding

I

I would have to bring her inside as it’s currently -20 outside but I might just try this once I free up some space!
What would be the difference between the chickens you want to be broody and the bantam? Both are capable of hatching eggs in the cold; just provide a dry, well ventilated separate enclosure, chick food and water. Mom will take care of babies and keep them warm.

Al
The big blue egg in the front of the picture has a crack.
You should take it out of the nest, because it's more likely to get germs inside and rot, and could explode and make a mess.
If it was laid today, you may be able to cook it and eat it.
But if it's been there for a few days, you should just throw it away.
l the eggs were pulled. I’m letting them re-start and then I’m bringing one of my broody bantams inside from the main flock in 1 days or so to see if she’ll sit on the collection. If she’s not interested I’ll just get my incubator back up and running

I do
What would be the difference between the chickens you want to be broody and the bantam? Both are capable of hatching eggs in the cold; just provide a dry, well ventilated separate enclosure, chick food and water. Mom will take care of babies and keep them warm.
My bantam girls who go broody live outside with my standard sized birds. I open the coop door during the day to allow my girls to run around the yard.
I don’t want chicks in my main coop as I cannot acomidate them safely in that space.

the seremas I have inside we’re the birds o was hoping would brood as they are already in an ideal location and setup to do so.

In case anyone was wondering! I brought my bantam girl inside. She was so broody her body condition was suffering so I decided to give her a clutch of eggs to brood indoors where I can make sure she’s getting enough food and water.
My seremas have stopped laying so she’s brooding some marans and brown layers eggs.

Back
Top Bottom