SERIOUS HELP NEEDED; DUCK EYE PECKED OUT BY CHICKEN

Ponypoor

Crowing
May 23, 2021
Central Ontario, Canada
@Crazy Maizie @Opiumbrella @Ponypoor @Miss Lydia @Silly Indie @shawluvsbirds @cherrynberry @Eggcessive @Miss Cheep @EverythingDucks @Barred Rock Mama @Eddie12109 : To everyone who responded to this thread/helped me in this process... I have wonderful news for you guys!!! I haven't checked up on her in a while, but this night when I checked her eye... IT WAS INTACT!!! I HAVE NO IDEA HOW, BUT IT IS!!! It literally looked like a void when I took pics before for reference, but apparently it was fine... The eyelid isn't the best, but that's fine as it's working. The Cayuga ducks have taken a liking to her so she has friends. She's here to stay, too :) I would like to thank everyone who helped me throughout this...interesting case, and I'm glad she's okay!

The picture isn't the best, but it's the best I could take considering that ducks, like humans, don't like having lights flashed in their eyes

It was night when I took it, that's why there's flash. But as you can see, the eye's perfect :) The turmeric-and-eye fluid crust has been replaced by a bald patch which I assume will grow back
Looks great! Glad she has friends too!!!

shawluvsbirds

🦆Lord luv a Duck!
Apr 17, 2017
Missouri
@Crazy Maizie @Opiumbrella @Ponypoor @Miss Lydia @Silly Indie @shawluvsbirds @cherrynberry @Eggcessive @Miss Cheep @EverythingDucks @Barred Rock Mama @Eddie12109 : To everyone who responded to this thread/helped me in this process... I have wonderful news for you guys!!! I haven't checked up on her in a while, but this night when I checked her eye... IT WAS INTACT!!! I HAVE NO IDEA HOW, BUT IT IS!!! It literally looked like a void when I took pics before for reference, but apparently it was fine... The eyelid isn't the best, but that's fine as it's working. The Cayuga ducks have taken a liking to her so she has friends. She's here to stay, too :) I would like to thank everyone who helped me throughout this...interesting case, and I'm glad she's okay!

The picture isn't the best, but it's the best I could take considering that ducks, like humans, don't like having lights flashed in their eyes

It was night when I took it, that's why there's flash. But as you can see, the eye's perfect :) The turmeric-and-eye fluid crust has been replaced by a bald patch which I assume will grow back
Great news!
I had a call duck who's eye was severely injured by a drake once.
I really thought her eye was gone too. But she healed up wonderfully as well with a little TLC.

Top Bottom