Serious problem! Update pg 7.She's home.

I'm so sorry Attack Chicken, I know how much they mean to us.
hugs.gif

Crap!! I'm sooo sorry to hear this. She was very loved and special. You won't forget her special qualities. I feel some of your pain. I haven't fully recovered from losing 3 of mine this year. I doubt I ever will. But that shows how much they meant to us. They are gifts....to be cherished every day. Big hug to you Attack Chicken.

I am so sorry for your loss. You did everything you could, and it sounds like you have a great vet.

Blessings on you and the rest of your flock.

Cheri

Today was a sad day. We dung a hole for her in the garden next to the butterfly bush and a rose. Tomarrow we are going to go pick her up from the vet. This spring I'm hoping to plant a lilly on her grave spot so it keeps coming back each year. I also told the vet I wanted some of her tail,wing,neck, and saddle feather because they were so pretty. I just loved the way her tail was. When she would stand up straight at look at you she looked just like a heart. And as I have said before thankyou very much all of you being here.

Last edited:
*sniff* Sandy will still give you good warm fuzzies when you see spot for a long time to come.

Our first and most wonderful dog, a cocker spaniel who used to ‘mother’ the day olds we got from the ‘Sears and Roebucks’ catalog, (yes, I’m dating myself here)… is buried out back with daffodils all around the stone where he is, and they’ve spread all around there as daffodils will … I never ever fail to smile when I am doing yard work near there.

He would try like crazy to keep those peeps in the box when they started to get big enough to pile out of it, we let it go on longer than we probably should have, because it was so amazing to watch him –EVER- so gently pick them up and set them back down in the box where he just KNEW they belonged, in with the rest of them. Then, when the next one or two got out, he’d do it all over again… when too many got the hang of the climb, we rescued them all (dog and chicks) and put the bigger box there on the back porch so he wouldn’t worry so much about them.

We would let them out to run around on warm days though, and he’d just lay there looking morose with his nose on his paws while they peep, peep, peeped all around him curiously. I don’t recommend this BTW, I’d never have trusted any other dog than this one. He was the sweetest dog ever, all the neighbor kids used to knock on the back door and ask if he could come out and play.

She's home now. We buried her in the garden so in the spring we can plant a lilly on her grave. She always like to hide and dust bathe under the lillys,so I figured it would be nice to give her one of her own. It turns out she ate crushed granite and 3 of the little plastic things you put over screws on beds or other furniture so you don't catch your clothes on them. We are going to try and incubate some of her eggs so maybe we can hatch her daughter or something. The eggs have been in the fridge for over 14 days now so there might be little hope. If anyone has info on incubation please pm me. We made an incubator out of home stuff since the school for some reason wouldn't let me borrow but thats a different story. Atleast Sandy is now at rest and back home again.

Back
Top Bottom