Serious Question about sleep!?!?!?!?

Boyd

Recipient of The Biff Twang
10 Years
Mar 14, 2009
MI
Ever been so tired you can't fall asleep? I'm going on about 9-10 hours sleep since last wednesday. All the color has leached out of the world at the moment and I can't sleep. Thinking about having a shot and taking half an ambien.

Aww! Poor daddy..
hugs.gif

Dont think you should mix the sleeping med with the booze though, buddy...
Just do one or the other..
wink.png

Ironically I work with sleep disorders. What you need to do is enquire with your doctor about local sleep labs. They can measure exactly how much of each level of sleep you get, how your body responds (PLM's or "Peripheral Limb Movements") and other variables such as your pulse, oxygen saturation and brain waves beyond sleep. It's the best way to find out what's going on accurately. Many smaller hospitals have sleep labs now as Obstructive and Central Sleep Apneas are becoming better diagnosed and understood.

I second not mixing them... I've seen someone who did that and they were acting high - not good. I would just take a whole ambien and get a great nights sleep.
hugs.gif

Ambien is good for falling asleep, but not necessarily staying there. Also yes mixing ambien with alcohol is never a good idea. Be warry with ambien, has weird side effects, one other nurse I know woke up eating her dogs kibble
sickbyc.gif

I have had sleeping issues all of my life and then I complicated it for years with, with, well, other stuff. Get some sleep, your gonna need it with that new bambino in your life.

buwahahahahaha

Last edited:
Quote:
trust me I know... it happened to me when I was staying over at my in laws... and my wife her lil sis (late 20s?) and their girlfriend were all a witness. Not pretty.

Quote:
trust me I know... it happened to me when I was staying over at my in laws... and my wife her lil sis (late 20s?) and their girlfriend were all a witness. Not pretty.

OOOOh. do tell...
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom