1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

seriously 10 rooster ?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by moosenbudda, Oct 18, 2009.

1. moosenbudda

moosenbudda Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2009
    So. cali
    I bought some banties from a guy down the road who promised me the chicks were female I bought 26 and I though that he would hopefully not cheat me or try to pull a fast one but I some how now have 10 crowing crazy cockerels ! WHAT DO I DO WITH THEM ? Im going to try to sell them to the local feed store because I seriously dont need this many roosters ! of course im keeping one for each coop so I still have 8 extras !!!!!!! any ideas ? Ive also already listed them on craigslist but because there games I keep getting flagged. I dont want to kill the roosters just get rid of them !

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Are you putting them in the Farm area of CL? Sales of livestock animals should not be flagged in there.

3. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    Banties are extremely hard to sex as chicks, even by the professionals. A sign at the feed store is probably a good idea. You could try listing them on Craigslist as banty roosters, not Game. You can enhance the information if you get someone interested.

4. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Quote:If you put to many ads on for one area they will flag you.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  5. Shiningfeather

Shiningfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    hill country texas
    There are some on craigslist that flag everything, in their attempt to be all mighty ruler! I have run into this before as well. I think posting them as banty will help you get past those idiots. Good luck [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  6. moosenbudda

Apr 3, 2009
    So. cali
    Thanks everyone ! Im going to change it to banty roosters ! Im actually going to try to sell them today at the feed store ! Im just so annoyed though because I bought these guys as babies and they were so pathetic looking and now after they've all been " nursed" back to health I have to get rid of them !!!!! I wish I could just let them all lose but I dont want them crowing at my neighbors house or bring back all the wild dogs and coyotes !

7. cugo18

cugo18 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2009
    devers
    yeap posting on cl is a pain when you get these idoits that flag you like crazy. i had done the same thing. i have just as many roos as you do and can not get rid of them for nothing. no one wants to buy just roos they want hens to go with them if they even take the roos for making a pair so the one wont be lonley. good luck on getting them a new home.

8. TexasVet

TexasVet Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2008
    Willis TX
    I have to admit to being a CL flagger! Some guy near Houston has "game roosters" listed for $100 each, so you know he's selling them as fighting birds. People who are serious about getting rid of roos generally list them for under $10.

Kathy, Bellville TX
    www.ChickenTrackin.com

9. moosenbudda

Apr 3, 2009
    So. cali
    Quote:I had mine listed for $5 a piece just to get rid of them ! But I sold them so there gone YAY !!!!!!!!!!

10. Uppity Peon

Uppity Peon Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Did you tell the guy down the road? Maybe he will apologize and take them off your hands.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by