Seriously craving a midnight snack!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by dewey, Jan 10, 2012.

1. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Rarely get cravings but a turkey sandwich sure sounds good right now...except there's no turkey in sight. I could run out to the store a few miles away but the last time I started to leave at this time of night (the night after new year's) I think I interrupted somebody breaking into my car. [​IMG] I think they heard the gate being opened and ran away, leaving my car door broke into and open. So I'm afeared now to leave at night. Maybe I'll just have some soup. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  2. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    To make you feel better.... I feel I should mention the "snack" I'm about to go make....

From freezer section.... Giant chocolate chip cookies with chocolate mousse filling... bake in oven, bring out warm and gooey, and top with vanilla ice cream I also have in freezer [​IMG]

OK.. so it's gonna be really rich... that's why I've left them in the freezer since New Years... maybe a bit too much some nights... but I want it tonight! [​IMG]

3. dewey

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Hahaha, thank you, yep, that makes me feel much better. [​IMG] Oooh, chocolate mousse sounds good. Enjoy your treat (how in the world did you resist it for so long?). I just finished a cup of hot chicken soup and a big ol' glass of ice cold milk. I'm gonna wake up with mousse on my mind, though. [​IMG]

4. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    Ah. Sometimes I have a midnight snack when dealing with insomnia. Tonight mine was chunky peanut butter on toast.

5. dewey

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Peanut butter toast is a good one...I don't know why I didn't think of it! Sleepless brain, I guess. [​IMG]

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Crackers/cheese/pepperoni..then a few white chocolate reeses peanut butter cups...
    And i wonder why i gotta walk sideways through doors... [​IMG]

7. dewey

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    [​IMG]

And funny you mention pb cups, because after pb toast was mentioned, I thought, dang, I coulda just made a batch of pb balls! LOL

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  8. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I had some Canadian Bacon and gouda cheese a few hours ago. Now I'm wishing I wouldn't have....

9. dewey

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Everybody's got their coffee mugs filled and are off to work. I start at 7am. The bacon sounds good but it probably wouldn't set well as a late snack for me either.

10. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

I'm like you and always crave sandwiches at night [​IMG] I have so much turkey, not sure what to do with it [​IMG]

I'll have to send you some [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by