Seriously failing Chicken Math!

egglicious

Songster
8 Years
May 7, 2011
How does six equal thirteen?

I was going to have six chickens. Six. Three little and three big....

A few months later and I have three big, eight little, and two more little banties coming after christmas!!!

Am I crazy? So glad I have the space and bought the bigger coop!

ikr! When we got chickens, we were only planning on having like 5. Then we fell in love with them, and we have 13 planning on having more
love.gif

This last "episode" happened today when I went to the farm store. I saw that a friend of mine was selling his blue laced wyandotte bantam. Well, I had to ask about her because she is so cute. Well, you know it's cruel to introduce one chicken and I saw he was also selling a birchen modern game bantam... so...
roll.png

Last edited:
Quote:
uh oh...

Yup. When I asked my husband if I could have them, he just got this look of resignation and said, "I don't care."
tongue.png

Oh no....you aren't crazy! You will love every S I N G L E one of them! They will all have their own personality and some of them will be roos that you will probably have to get rid of, some might not make it but you never know! We said 3, 3 TOPS! We got 3. The next day I got 2 more and more and more and more and with selling the roos as they grew we ended up with 11! and we only have .17 acres! LOL! Just a regular ol' big backyard! And we LOVED EVERY one of them! LOL! (we fell on hard times and had to sell them...I am still heart broken but they all went to good homes and I still visit them!) We had them for a year and plan on getting more after we move and hopefully get a place where we CAN get chickens...But I tell ya....You will love ALL of them and you will just "know" when you have enough, you just feel it! So as long as you are still excited about getting MORE, Buy away baby!!!! Chicken math rules!!!! xoxoxoxoxo

Back
Top Bottom