Seriously wanted broody hends -> sydney Aus

Eternity6

Hatching
Nov 6, 2023
I'm seriously after a few broody hens to sit on some eggs. I'm located near south Sydney so if anyone could help would be much appreciated!!!

I actually have two broody hens: Lillith, an Australorp who is a few years old, and; Yinny, a bantam Orpington who is almost a year old.

Both are good layers and have no health issues.

Lillith is a serial brooder who will raise three clutches in a year. 100% hatch rate (unless eggs are compromised/cracked etc).

Yinny is one of Lillith's babies from last year, who then caught the broody bug from Lillith this year. Yinny has raised two babies -- I let her sit on two eggs, one got stuck and she accepted it back after I helped it hatch.

I’m in Melbourne but could potentially do a road trip. I have a chronic illness and I’m finding it quite hard to manage my flock especially when we keep having rounds of babies.

The most important thing is that these two would go to a good home where they will be loved and cared for -- they are beautiful birds and I would not consider giving them up if I wasn't forced by circumstances.

Lillith and Yinny are both very gentle, affectionate and talkative. They fluff up and growl but have never once pecked me when they are sitting on eggs or with chicks. They would suit a flock comprised of other gentle breeds or bantams.

Last edited:
Lillith

Attachments

• 2022-10-09 12-12-53.jpeg
    2022-10-09 12-12-53.jpeg
    628.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 2023-10-28 18-02-34.jpeg
    2023-10-28 18-02-34.jpeg
    797.5 KB · Views: 1
I actually have two broody hens: Lillith, an Australorp who is a few years old, and; Yinny, a bantam Orpington who is almost a year old.

Both are good layers and have no health issues.

Lillith is a serial brooder who will raise three clutches in a year. 100% hatch rate (unless eggs are compromised/cracked etc).

Yinny is one of Lillith's babies from last year, who then caught the broody bug from Lillith this year. Yinny has raised two babies -- I let her sit on two eggs, one got stuck and she accepted it back after I helped it hatch.

I’m in Melbourne but could potentially do a road trip. I have a chronic illness and I’m finding it quite hard to manage my flock especially when we keep having rounds of babies.

The most important thing is that these two would go to a good home where they will be loved and cared for -- they are beautiful birds and I would not consider giving them up if I wasn't forced by circumstances.

Lillith and Yinny are both very gentle, affectionate and talkative. They fluff up and growl but have never once pecked me when they are sitting on eggs or with chicks. They would suit a flock comprised of other gentle breeds or bantams.

Back
Top Bottom