Seriously...WHAT is her problem!?!? Hahaha

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by PamB, Dec 11, 2010.

1. PamB

PamB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    Just went out to spend a little time with my chickens and this is what I find...for some reason Cleo gets SOOO dirty and I have no idea what the heck she is doing out there to get THIS filty! [​IMG]

Here is my other white silkie, Cuddles, that I also just took a picture of to show you the difference....
    [​IMG]

AND THIS IS CLEO!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I had to run out with my camera so I could share with you all! [​IMG]

2. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    [​IMG] She must be a tomboy! Love the pic!

3. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    exactly what my silkies did! hahaha

4. secuono

secuono Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Virginia
    All my chickens get dirty faces if they drink water, shake it off then wipe their faces in dirt or forage while they are still wet. Crazy birds.

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    She's trying to disguise herself as the swamp thing.

6. Kat's Silly Chickens

Kat's Silly Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    South Central Texas
    Quote:[​IMG]

[​IMG] She's having fun eating... [​IMG]

7. Suzie

Suzie Overrun With Chickens

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    :lol:My Silkies go into the "bog of eternal stench" and come out brown, green and sometimes yellow - one of my other chickens managed to get onto the "house" Maman lives in when she is broody, it laid an egg and somehow managed to break it and it oozed through onto Maman's head - I had to bathe her as her topknot was bright yellow and sticky - it was difficult to remove the yolk but she did look somewhat interesting being white with a bright yellow head!

After dust bathing my white Silkies look red as the earth here is red and of course they love to dust bathe after it has been raining,ensuring they keep their new hair colouring for some time!

I love them to bits ( as I do all of my other chickens )

Suzie
    [​IMG]

8. fatsuru

fatsuru Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2010
    I have problems with my silkies and polish chicks hanging out under cars. they often get that slicked back greasy look and need a bath

9. Critter Crazed

Critter Crazed Chicken Cuddlin' Cheesehead

Jun 22, 2009
    LOL that made me laugh!!!! [​IMG]

10. PamB

PamB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    [​IMG] They are crazy little animals!! It just cracks me up because she is the only one that ever gets like this! She is having waaayyy too much fun out there I guess! Comes spring and warmer temps, she'll be the first to get a bath. She'll need it!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by