Servus!

Phaeomelanin

Chirping
Oct 30, 2022
Tirol, Österreich
Being a veterinarian and studying genetics as a hobby, I inevitably stumbled across chickens. The more contact I had with them the more I grew fond of these beautiful animals: My partner's family raises hybrids for egg production and occasionally I'd help with stable work. Additionally, our veterinarian practice organizes vaccination-events for several smaller chicken breeders (Orpingtons, Brahmas, Silkies, Welsumer,...) in our vicinity. We also work with a fancy breeder who keeps Brahmas and Silkies. Some larger commercial stables are also under our veterinarian care. Our practice is in middle Europe and health regulations are rather strict.

As my partner is allergic to quite a number of furry animals but doesn't react to his beloved birds, it's kinda logical to keep some chickens as pets. And although this vision is far ahead in the future I'm gathering infos wherever I can. We haven't decided on a breed yet, but I'd rather choose a sturdy breed with moderate performance.

I got to know this forum several years ago while researching some topics on genetics and after coming back again and again, I finally created an account.

The attached photo was taken during one of our vaccination-sprees.

I'm looking forward to interesting discussions with likeminded people! :)

Attachments

• IMG-20220325-WA0022.jpg
    IMG-20220325-WA0022.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom