1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Set 23 Call Duck Eggs Today 27/3.....Buddy's please, Duck or Chick

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Tracy the chick, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Tracy the chick

Tracy the chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Uk
    Hi what incubater do you have? Ive got a brinsea 40 and dont know my humidity either. I just go by instructions and fill 2 of the channels for first 18 days and then fill all 4 channels for the last 3 days, ive always had a great hatch too. Did shrink wrap one but that was my mistake.. My 3 year old nephew used to get the silkies out the incubater and play with them so thats probley why there so tame, or in shock lol..:D.

2. a123andpoof

a123andpoof Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    Its a little giant something. Its from tsc. I am having a little trouble keeping the heat where I want it, but hopefully it all works out. Though after last night my mom is going to say bye bye roosters (which if this batch doesn't work out I will need lol) .built a coop for our two silkies cause they were in a pen in the coop and unable to get outside. Well she made the mistake of putting the coop right outside her window. Since about 6:30 every 2-4 minutes he crows. She is going to be anti silkie roo and I need him for more eggs lol

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  3. Apyl

Apyl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2012
    Necedah, Wi

I have the TSC little giant also. My temp is doing fine it the humidity thats got me crossing my fingers. I followed the directions it just doesnt seem very humid in there when I go to turn the eggs.

4. Apyl

Feb 5, 2012
    Necedah, Wi
    Well the tracking changed [​IMG]The Guinea eggs are out for delivery [​IMG]. I'm hoping a one day different will be ok, they'll just go into lock down a day early.

5. a123andpoof

Mar 17, 2011
    No it doesn't seem humid at all for me either. I got the egg turner. My question is how to I change the water. Can I just take the turner out fill it quick then put the eggs back in?

6. Apyl

Feb 5, 2012
    Necedah, Wi

Good question, I would assume you could lift the turner out and add water unless they added specific direction in the turners manual.

7. a123andpoof

Mar 17, 2011
    Exact same directions as what came with the incubator -_- so it may be a two person job lol

8. aprille218

aprille218 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    northern MN
    Use a turkey baster or a flower watering can with a long narrow spout. Use warm water. You can move or remove an egg temporarily if you need to to fill up the little troughs just put it back asap :)
    Aprille

9. Apyl

Feb 5, 2012
    Necedah, Wi
    Got my Guinea eggs ! Luckily I was watching the tracking because this morning it said out for delivery, then it changed to "left notice" but when I went down to the mailbox their was no notice. So I went to the P.O and of course the lady was like " Oh they should have called you". Yeah I know, but they didn't. So yeah luckily I watched the tracking otherwise who know how long I would have waited. So now I have them in a tray to settle then I will set them either before bed or in the morning.

[​IMG]

10. Tracy the chick

Tracy the chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Uk
    Brilliant! There quite pointy eggs arnt they, ive never seen guinea eggs before.:D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by