Set 3/9/12 HATCH ALONG!

Today is LOCKDOWN!!!
jumpy.gif
We made it! I have 20 eggs going into lockdown this afternoon. I'm not expecting this to be great hatch, I started with 34 eggs, not even knowing if they were all fertile. Now with 20...I'm happy, even if not all of them hatch. I wish everyone the best of the luck, and let us know how it is going, I want to see pictures too!

Yeah for lockdown.
celebrate.gif
Good luck with your 20 eggs. That's alot of babies.
love.gif
Domestic_goddess, what time on March 9, did you put your eggs in the bator? My broody hen sat on the eggs a good 5 hours in the morning, but abandoned them. I put them in the incubator around midnight...(It had been warming up). So, I don't know when they actually started developing.

I've got the other incubator ready, but I haven't moved the 5 Easter Egger eggs into it yet for lockdown. I'm still not sure about 2 things: 1.If the aircell is big enough? If I put them in the "higher humidity" it may not grow anymore? It's really hard to compare a real egg with a tiny diagram of what "aircells should look like"! & 2.If I want to use cartons to set the eggs in? Hmmm???
hu.gif
I just don't know. Just so I decide before they start to pip, right!
fl.gif

I'll go into lockdown as soon as I get home from work tonight. Hoping for a couple of the cutest babies in the world out of the 11 eggs even with all the problems I've had, with a first hatch there is a lot of learning.
fl.gif

Yeah for lockdown.
celebrate.gif
Good luck with your 20 eggs. That's alot of babies.
love.gif
Domestic_goddess, what time on March 9, did you put your eggs in the bator? My broody hen sat on the eggs a good 5 hours in the morning, but abandoned them. I put them in the incubator around midnight...(It had been warming up). So, I don't know when they actually started developing.

I've got the other incubator ready, but I haven't moved the 5 Easter Egger eggs into it yet for lockdown. I'm still not sure about 2 things: 1.If the aircell is big enough? If I put them in the "higher humidity" it may not grow anymore? It's really hard to compare a real egg with a tiny diagram of what "aircells should look like"! & 2.If I want to use cartons to set the eggs in? Hmmm???
hu.gif
I just don't know. Just so I decide before they start to pip, right!
fl.gif

I put my eggs in the afternoon on the 9th...around noonish! So I have no clue what to expect now, but we are officially in lockdown mode. Temps, still trying to get just right and my humidity is just where I want it at around 65%...I hope I'm doing this right. I heard about the carton thing, but with me being so new at this, I am laying them on thier sides.
fl.gif

I'll go into lockdown as soon as I get home from work tonight. Hoping for a couple of the cutest babies in the world out of the 11 eggs even with all the problems I've had, with a first hatch there is a lot of learning.
fl.gif

This is my first hatch too, I just hope and pray I'm not going to mess this whole thing up! Good Luck with your hatch!

I put my eggs in the afternoon on the 9th...around noonish! So I have no clue what to expect now, but we are officially in lockdown mode. Temps, still trying to get just right and my humidity is just where I want it at around 65%...I hope I'm doing this right. I heard about the carton thing, but with me being so new at this, I am laying them on thier sides.
fl.gif

clap.gif
Your chicks will probably begin hatching before mine...unless my temperatures ran higher.
pop.gif
Someone mentioned about Lockdown being the longest 3 days...I agree.

I'm on another thread which is 4 days ahead of us. Two of the gals used the egg cartons -with good success. Sooooooooooo, I went ahead and propped my 5 little EE's in cartons and am hoping for the best.
fl.gif
I'm thinking since mine have been in egg turner trays, this will keep them in the same position with the aircell 'up'. Also, the cartons help the egg not to get bumped or turned over once chicks start to hatch and walk around. Both ways have pros and cons and I hope this way works out for me. I don't blame you for laying them down....I'm surprised at myself for using egg cartons since I'm not one to like change....We shall see!
barnie.gif
I'm literally biting my nails.

I just found you guys but glad that I did. I go into lockdown tomorrow night.

THis is my first incubator experience with a still air hovabaotror with turner. Started with 35, after day 5 we were down to 30 and now at day 17 we are at 20. Alot of shipped eggs didnt make it and my silkie looks like she needs a trim, because I see the rooster visiting her, but either he is shooting blanks or her tail poof is too big since those were most of the other eggs that didnt make it. A few questionables in there as well.
My temps started high as I had problems regulating. Was following dry hatch instructions, but my humidity never got below 40%. Need to have a few hatch for the kids and their school.
Excited to follow you and see what is going on!

clap.gif
Your chicks will probably begin hatching before mine...unless my temperatures ran higher.
pop.gif
Someone mentioned about Lockdown being the longest 3 days...I agree.

I'm on another thread which is 4 days ahead of us. Two of the gals used the egg cartons -with good success. Sooooooooooo, I went ahead and propped my 5 little EE's in cartons and am hoping for the best.
fl.gif
I'm thinking since mine have been in egg turner trays, this will keep them in the same position with the aircell 'up'. Also, the cartons help the egg not to get bumped or turned over once chicks start to hatch and walk around. Both ways have pros and cons and I hope this way works out for me. I don't blame you for laying them down....I'm surprised at myself for using egg cartons since I'm not one to like change....We shall see!
barnie.gif
I'm literally biting my nails.
I'm going to use the cartons to hatch in. I've not done it this way before I hope every chick makes it out.
fl.gif

Good Luck Everyone!
jumpy.gif

Trying the egg cartons myself for the first time this hatch. Lockdown will begin later tonight, after we get home. They were set at 10:30pm, so that will be fine. Humidity is at 40% right now, but I was concerned about the air cell last night, so I left it there. Will work on raising it tonight. Happy hatching, everyone! Looking forward to hearing how it turns out for you all.
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom