Set 3/9/12 HATCH ALONG!

Domestic_goddess

Songster
10 Years
Mar 26, 2009
Utah
I just set 34 chicken eggs in my brand new hova-bator with turner. Hatch day approximately March 30th! I'm so excited, this my first ever hatch and i'm very nervous! These lovely little eggs come from my own flock and they will all be amazing little mixes. If anyone would like to hatch~along, it will be fun!!

Last edited:
30 eggs + 30+ chickens so you are doubling the size of your flock. I set 11 little bantam eggs in my brand new Brinsea incubator this morning at 3am and if they all hatch I will double my flock as well. Are you planning to candle, if so, when?

I put in a d'uccle on the 6th just to see if it was fertile and since it was added 2 more and a mutt egg today. Only 4 eggs, but I know at least one is growing..LOL

30 eggs + 30+ chickens so you are doubling the size of your flock. I set 11 little bantam eggs in my brand new Brinsea incubator this morning at 3am and if they all hatch I will double my flock as well. Are you planning to candle, if so, when?

Well I ordered 12 austra whites, should be here next week! :) This is my first ever hatch and expect not all 34 will hatch, I'm hoping for 50%, more would be wonderful though. I am also planning on the fact that I will get some cockerels, that's why I ordered sexed pullets. I plan to candle around day 10, most of my eggs are brown and some green, I also have a few white. So is 65% humidity too much?

I just got put 7 in my mini advanced incubator and 5 to a broody silkie this morning at about 10:00. First time with a broody hen, 3rd time with the incubator....I'm so excited. Good luck everyone!!!!

I just got put 7 in my mini advanced incubator and 5 to a broody silkie this morning at about 10:00. First time with a broody hen, 3rd time with the incubator....I'm so excited. Good luck everyone!!!!

What kind of incubator does every one have, have you much sucess in the past? Let us hear your story!

I have a homemade one and an LG...my first hatch didn't work in homemade..had a temp spike :( The LG is working great so far, we'll see what happens at lockdown and hatch day

Back
Top Bottom