Set 3/9/12 HATCH ALONG!

I have 1 that has hatched and 1 more with a big peep hole (which I'm worried about because it peeped last night around 9ish and it's still not out of the shell) and another with a small peep, that has stayed the same since the morning! I still have 17 eggs that haven't done anything
idunno.gif

I hope everyone eggs are doing well, I have so happy for you all you with successful hatches
thumbsup.gif
The wait for my eggs to hatch is an absolute killer!

Once they pip then you worry worry worry if they take to long. I want the olive eggs to hurry up so I can take the babies out! One is zipping right now but the others are a no show. A lot of the pips took over 24 hrs before they started to zip. It's when they start to zip they need to get the job done or they start drying before they get done.

Thanks for the reminders that it takes awhile for them.... it's been awhile since I've incubated. Update: The two pipped from this morning have not changed. One had a small hole toward the top of the shell, one had a big crack in the middle of the shell. I now have 2 more exactly the same - one toward the top 1/3, one big crack in the middle. With these cracks in the middles, I'm beginning to question my judgement on using egg cartons. I cut them down to only about 1/3 of the egg is in the carton, but I'm wondering if I cut them down enough. Oh well, I guess it's too late to do anything about it now... On top of waiting for eggs to hatch, I'm doing chores for a neighbor tonight and tomorrow morning. She has a mare that is showing signs of foaling any time within the next couple of days. It could be a long night.

I have 1 that has hatched and 1 more with a big peep hole (which I'm worried about because it peeped last night around 9ish and it's still not out of the shell) and another with a small peep, that has stayed the same since the morning! I still have 17 eggs that haven't done anything
idunno.gif

I hope everyone eggs are doing well, I have so happy for you all you with successful hatches
thumbsup.gif
The wait for my eggs to hatch is an absolute killer!

The one that pipped first yesterday in the morning didnt hatch until LAST around 6 am this morning! Don't give up on them-They hatch when they are ready.
I'm getting ready to move my little ones to the brooder. I'll try to get some pictures.

I had 2 olive eggs hatch and the early birds were picking them. I didn't have anymore pips so I snatched out the early birds. I hatched in the cartons it seems to work good. They liked sleeping in the egg cartons so I put one in the brooder with them.

I have one little olive egger out, and another zipping now. My cuckoo marans are peeping but no pips. One olive egger hasn't pipped yet. The others are pipped more or less (a few have two, most have just the one). However, one little olive baby died in the shell. Noticed pretty fast, snatched the egg out. The little guy had his yolk sac all absorbed, but a bit of membrane was between his beak and it was a bit bloody around his beak. His head was just a little misplaced, and he hadn't yet pipped the shell. Poor little guy.
sad.png

Anyway, here's what's going on in my bators at the moment.

And in the tiny incubator, all is still. Lol.

I know I really don't have to use both, but I wanted to give the little one a test run as it's new.
smile.png

We have now 3 that have hatched....1 more with a pip...and I see other wiggles! My 2nd one hatched side ways out of the egg and it's yolk was not fully absorbed, I've got it isolated and sitting on wet paper towel. I'm crossing my fingers the yolk will absorb and dry up, oh it's a cutie too so I hope it's okay! I'll post pic soon.

I have one little olive egger out, and another zipping now. My cuckoo marans are peeping but no pips. One olive egger hasn't pipped yet. The others are pipped more or less (a few have two, most have just the one). However, one little olive baby died in the shell. Noticed pretty fast, snatched the egg out. The little guy had his yolk sac all absorbed, but a bit of membrane was between his beak and it was a bit bloody around his beak. His head was just a little misplaced, and he hadn't yet pipped the shell. Poor little guy.
sad.png

Anyway, here's what's going on in my bators at the moment.

And in the tiny incubator, all is still. Lol.

I know I really don't have to use both, but I wanted to give the little one a test run as it's new.
smile.png

Good Luck, looks good so far!
thumbsup.gif

I had 2 olive eggs hatch and the early birds were picking them. I didn't have anymore pips so I snatched out the early birds. I hatched in the cartons it seems to work good. They liked sleeping in the egg cartons so I put one in the brooder with them.

They are so cute, Congrats
clap.gif

The 5 chicks are finally moved to their brooder. I don't know what colors they are or will be.
hu.gif
Four are dark (one has white on his chest like a tuxedo) and the 5th chick is a butter color. All of their legs are grey. These are supposed to be (the man spelled them...) "Americanas", so I' thinking they're Easter Eggers. We are definately keeping the light colored chick...She might be a buff color when grown, so I might name her Ginger.
They still aren't fluffed up all the way
love.gif
but they are getting cuter by the minute.

Back
Top Bottom