Set 3/9/12 HATCH ALONG!

He already looks like trouble.
tongue.png

SOOO cute!
love.gif

The 5 chicks are finally moved to their brooder. I don't know what colors they are or will be.
hu.gif
Four are dark (one has white on his chest like a tuxedo) and the 5th chick is a butter color. All of their legs are grey. These are supposed to be (the man spelled them...) "Americanas", so I' thinking they're Easter Eggers. We are definately keeping the light colored chick...She might be a buff color when grown, so I might name her Ginger.
They still aren't fluffed up all the way
love.gif
but they are getting cuter by the minute.

The 5 chicks are finally moved to their brooder. I don't know what colors they are or will be.
hu.gif
Four are dark (one has white on his chest like a tuxedo) and the 5th chick is a butter color. All of their legs are grey. These are supposed to be (the man spelled them...) "Americanas", so I' thinking they're Easter Eggers. We are definately keeping the light colored chick...She might be a buff color when grown, so I might name her Ginger.
They still aren't fluffed up all the way
love.gif
but they are getting cuter by the minute.

They are so cute, how long did you leave them in the incubator?

Keep the updates coming! I have a zipper - one from this morning that pipped toward the top of the shell. One of the middle-shell pippers was working last time I looked, too. I could see the chunk of shell wiggling. It's against the egg carton, though, so I don't know if it's impeding progress or not. It will be interesting to see which one of them breaks out first. Maybe someone else will sneak out ahead of them.... Oh, and I'm hearing peeping from different places in the incubator now.

Update: The zipper from this morning is out! A little black one. The shell was stuck to it, so it came out of the egg carton with it. After he got unstuck, I quickly reached in and grabbed the shell out - only because the humidity was up to 90%. Hopefully I didn't cause any harm to the other pippers.... I know I shouldn't have, it's just so crowded in there with the cartons. Next time I'm not going to hatch quite as many. Maybe only 2 dozen. Or not hatch in cartons. The jury's still out on that. Anyway, the humidity only dropped to 80% so I think it's still more than adequate. I promise - no more opening the incubator! At least not until most have hatched, and only then if there are no more pips....
hide.gif

Last edited:
Well I have the 3 that hatched out....they were causing havoc in the incubator...all the eggs are pushed up against the sides of the incubator. One little chick is isolated from the others, he has an unabsorbed yolk and I don't want the others to peck at it. I'm hoping it will absorb and dry up. I have17 more eggs, 1 has a pip and I still have a few wigglies, and I can her peeping.
hu.gif
These have been the longest days EVER!
th.gif

Last edited:
Keep the updates coming! I have a zipper - one from this morning that pipped toward the top of the shell. One of the middle-shell pippers was working last time I looked, too. I could see the chunk of shell wiggling. It's against the egg carton, though, so I don't know if it's impeding progress or not. It will be interesting to see which one of them breaks out first. Maybe someone else will sneak out ahead of them.... Oh, and I'm hearing peeping from different places in the incubator now.

Update: The zipper from this morning is out! A little black one. The shell was stuck to it, so it came out of the egg carton with it. After he got unstuck, I quickly reached in and grabbed the shell out - only because the humidity was up to 90%. Hopefully I didn't cause any harm to the other pippers.... I know I shouldn't have, it's just so crowded in there with the cartons. Next time I'm not going to hatch quite as many. Maybe only 2 dozen. Or not hatch in cartons. The jury's still out on that. Anyway, the humidity only dropped to 80% so I think it's still more than adequate. I promise - no more opening the incubator! At least not until most have hatched, and only then if there are no more pips....
hide.gif

ya.gif
I opened mine too to take out the babies. I got 2 olive egg babies but no action on the last 6. I got a 100% hatch on my own eggs, I'm happy about that. I'm letting the olive eggs go another 24 hrs.

Everyones babies are soo cute!
clap.gif
jumpy.gif

I have four babies now, hope to have more soon. All my eggs are pushed up against the sides of the incubator too. But that was how I had it planned. Lol.
big_smile.png
Still waiting on some marans and my lone cochin.

This was my first hatcher

The 3 chicks now.

That's my little grey baby, he has an unabsorbed yolk, that is drying up thankgoodness. He's walking
around and drinking water.

Back
Top Bottom