Set 5 Mille Fleur D'uccles Today... 1st Time Ever... Need Help

catfishdrum

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 14, 2011
DRUM
I'm New At This. Any Help Will Be Greatly Appreciated.
hmm.png
I'm Already A Little Nervous... Humidity Is At 20% Temp Is At 100.2... That Is As Close As I Can Get To 99.5. Im Using A Hand-me-down Incubator. I SET 5 MILLE FLUER D'UCCLES AT 6:30PM TONIGHT.

Last edited:
roll.png
OK THE TEMP.HAS BEEN AT 100.2 FOR 32 HOURS... NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN ITS AT 101.8... I TRIED TO ADJUST. THIS TEMPATURE THING IS THE HARDEST THING I'VE EVER DONE.

hu.... i dont know what to do about temp keep trying to adjust the temp..
you should always run your incubator a day before setting to see if everything will run smoothly..
keep trying to adjust that temp it need to be lower..
your humidity needs to be higher also try adding more water inside it
what kind of incubator do you have..

Last edited:
I Will Be Adding A Sponge Tomorrow Afternoon To Help With The Humidity... And The Temp Was Steady For 32 Hours... It Started Going Up 4 Hours After Setting.

Quote:
very strange... well try your best i hope someone else will come and chime in soon cuz ive only hatched about 4 times..
one just got done today and had very good results 8 ducks out of 10 eggs im very happy..
but i will help you to the best of my ablity
big_smile.png

im also going to tell you this is your 1st time so take it as a learning curve.. try to remember all the thing that happened what you like to keep the same what you would like to change..
and no matter the outcome (HOPEFULLY very well outcome) think it as a win..
smile.png
and dont give up you get better as you go on and learn about your incubator and what you should have done.. your doing fine just keep tring to adjust that temp higher the humidity
smile.png

i hatched 1 egg out of 12 my first time.. and that was perfict
smile.png

I Am Keeping A Daily Journal, To Learn From. The Temp Seems To Be Steady Again. The Humidity Still Reads 20%... This Is With The Water Reservoirs Full And 4 Wet Sponges. Im Starting To Think It Might Not Work Correctly.

I notice when I set eggs the temp will drop until the eggs warm through but will rise slightly after they reach temp until the incubator can re-adjust. Usually by the 2nd or third day it will stabalize
hugs.gif
love.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Quote:
Is your Hygrometer a separate device? There are instructions for calibrating it if it is. I will try to find the link for you - be right back
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom