Set a batch of eggs! Including my first eggs from my very own hens :D

Guitartists

Resistance is futile
11 Years
Mar 21, 2008
Michigan
woot.gif
woot.gif
I'm so excited! I set a batch of eggs yesterday.... among them some BBS Orps from corancher (Thank you again!), Denizli eggs from ntiveheart (Thank you again!) and my first ever eggs from my own hens!
clap.gif
wee.gif
Some EE eggs... mostly I have seen the Ameraucana roos mating her.. so I'm hoping for some nice EEs to add to my EE pen
smile.png
some eggs from my Araucana hen... I've seen her mated by both the Araucana and the Ameraucana roos... so again hoping for some lovely EEs and some eggs from my Bantam Cochin, my RIR (Those should be interesting as I think I've seen just about every roo mate her!) and my Mutt brown egg layer
big_smile.png
Can't wait to see the hodge-podge that I get... LOL

Last edited:
Thanks for the hatching vibes... I'm definitely gonna need them now.... had a temp spike
hit.gif
Hopefully I caught it in time and hopefully it only happened the one time and hopefully they survive
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

sad.png
but the fan died last hatch so it is still air now... hoping that works in their favor. I got out there today and the darn thing was shutting off at 97!
he.gif
he.gif
I caught it early today... and REadjusted it AGAIN... going to check it again in a few to make sure now that it is running well. I knew I shouldn;t have touched the thermostat... I knew better, I knew the temp spike had to be a fluke and still I messed with my settings. I'm a fool..... I hope these eggs make it.

Well, I candled and this is what I have left after loose air cells that did not develop and some infertile or old eggs (ones that I had sitting in my cupboard from my girls)

Denizli - 1 left that is trying to form even with a loose air cell
fl.gif

Orp - 4 (maybe 5)

EE - 7

Ameraucana mix - 2

Araucana mix - 10 These are doing SO well, I can only assume that my Araucana roo is NOT the father of any of them LOL

B. Cochin mix - 3

Mutt - 5

RIR mix - 7

Well, nothing yet...... but I have had to throw out all but about a dozen eggs because my DS turned off the bator and they got cold and most died
hit.gif
So I am not holding my breath for the survivors (All eggs from my own birds... mostly mutt... I lost al my Orps and Denizli
hit.gif
) but I am hoping
fl.gif
So we shall see.

Back
Top Bottom