Set Eggs 07-02-11 Anyone else

this is my 10th post i need it to add to my profile.
tongue.png

WOO HOO...Can I join? I got some eggs from a fellow BYC member and a new friend Lisa. We met to switch the eggs and she is letting me use her incubator which I have decided to buy from her. We just decided to get a assortment from her chickens so will be excited to see what hatches. I set mine at 7pm on 7/2. It is hard to wait. Need to find another hobby to help speed the time...lol

I also had a broody who quite on me so we made a quick incubator and have 4 BCM and 2 Bantam eggs in there. Bantam eggs can hatch anytime and I have another week for the BCM.

I couldnt wait till i got home to candle. We just did them still a little early hard to tell on some, but the majority are defiently veining nicely.

I am going to wait a while to candle. I already had one serama egg break. It must have hit the humidity gauage just right. It had only been in there for a few days, so I couldnt tell if it was fertile or not. They are from few pairs that I just got and I wanted to see if they were to young to be fertile.

I took the eggs out from under the EE. I don't trust her to stay on the eggs. I wonder if I dare try my FBCM. She's been broody a while. Or should I just put them in the back up incubator?

Ok, I couldn't resist and I candled. I only saw definite veining in one, but it's so early. I'm going to wait another week and candle again. Some of the eggs looked pourous or even slightly cracked, so I feel like I should watch them carefully.

I plan on candling again on Saturday or Sunday night. My husband was just saying he hopes we have a male duck, so we can incubate their eggs too!

Today is day 5 and we have definite veining in 12 of the 15 eggs. One has a crack and 2 are still clear. These are all black ameraucana most are from hodge farms but there are 2 of the 3 from my ameraucana hen sophie which I know now are fertile, one has a bad crack, not leaking but will probally be tossing that out soon.

I could not wait and had to candle again. I have veining in all 8! There is one with an air sac that looks odd, but my husband said it still looks alright. I am so excited!!!

Back
Top Bottom