1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Set Eggs 07-02-11 Anyone else

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jwyoung2007, Jul 2, 2011.

1. jwyoung2007

jwyoung2007 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 2, 2011
    Urbanette, AR
    I just set 2 dozen, The roo was a beautiful RIR. Hens were all types.

2. LunarRayne

LunarRayne Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2011
    SW Arkansas
    We just set 8 eggs! The are from a naked neck hen and a mix breed rooster. They belong to my mother in law and the hen wont sit for some reason. She is 3 years old and wont sit, so we are doing it for her! It is my first hatch!!!

3. BroosterSpringsteen

BroosterSpringsteen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    NW North Carolina
    I just set last night, 7-1, so close enough. I have 19 mixed breed eggs. It's a neighborhood chicken hatch. I gathered various hatching eggs from my neighbors with chickens. The roosters are Buff Orpington, White Crested Polish, and an EE. There were 13 different breeds of hen, so these chicks could look like anything. There are some very pretty colors of eggs. Hooray for mutts!

My last hatch was not great, and since I have no clue of the fertility rate on these eggs, I'm not getting my hopes too high. But at least they weren't shipped this time.

4. blazensasha

blazensasha Out Of The Brooder

Jun 4, 2011
    Old Miakka,FL
    I just set 13 (unlucky number) last night,mix breeds but pretty girls just the same.GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!! [​IMG]

5. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I set yesterday july 1 9am 12 ameraucana eggs blue blacks. I also set a couple of my own, not sure if the new roo or not has been fertile with my one black ameraucana. So fingers crossed for hatch day.

6. jwyoung2007

jwyoung2007 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 2, 2011
    Urbanette, AR
    NIce to see others out there. Lunar Rayne nice to have another Arkie on board. I am in NW Arkansas

7. Memphisjourney2seramas

Memphisjourney2seramas Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2011
    I will join you. I set 24 serama eggs and some blue eggs mix from the neighbors. the count down begins!

8. Kelly G

Kelly G It's like herding cats!

I'm in!

I set 13 BBS Orpingtons from Bargain - soooo excited! I love her Orps!

I may collect more from my EE's and set them in there tonight...just have to see how many there are when I get there [​IMG]

9. wahoowifeandmom

wahoowifeandmom Out Of The Brooder

Jul 2, 2011
    Nebraska
    I have about 3 dz buff eggs ready to set. I'm having trouble regulating my incubator, but otherwise I would be right there with you. Good luck to all of you!

10. rebel yell

rebel yell Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    Alabama
    1/2 doz. for me, had some extra Orp. eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by