Set eggs Feb 17th anyone else?

Went to check on Nutmeg's water and feed this am and saw one of the roosters standing in front of Nutmeg's cage. Thought that was weird, but then heard a couple peep sounds. Ran to the house and got my phone to take pictures. Apparently the chicks hatched on Day 20, while I was at work yesterday and last night!!! 4 chicks out of 5 eggs. 3 yellow peeps and 1 tiny black and yellow peep.... dunno why he's smaller since they all came from large fowl eggs. 1 egg remains, no pip or cracks. No sounds from the egg. When I candled last week, 1 of the green eggs looked iffy, not as developed as the rest. The green eggs were hard to look into though.

Last edited:
As of this morning we have seven! Not holding out much hope for the remaining three eggs. I had to open the bator this moring as one of the new little ones was trying to drown herself in the humidity water bowl. Took all seven out, and closed the bator back up. Thought I'd save what I had and hope for the best with the others. The seven are all eating and drinking with the other 10 in my brooder.....Holy Cow - I have way more babies than I expected....

I topped out at 17!!! was hoping for a full hatch, but I screwed up my days for lockdown. Have 35 more in the incubator, will try harder this next batch! Very happy with what I have though, but one is not looking so good.

I had one hatch this morning when I woke up for class. Then another one hatched this afternoon, and two more a pipped! So what if they are a day late or so! CHICKS!

I had 1 pip last night and this morning I had 2 pips. Within an hour 1 was zipping and out. I hear lots of peeps though and some movement so I am hopful for more soon. I tried to keep my temps on the lower side 100 or less this hatch so I wont worry till sunday, cooler temps can mean they take an extra day. I set on friday so technically tomorrow is day21 since you don't count the first day. My last hatch I had a silkie hatch 4-5 days past its hatch date so they can suprise you : )
FUZZY BUTTS
celebrate.gif

First time attempting incubation and I just had my first pip! So excited to see how things progress! :D

Sunday day 20 for me.
Just got the humidity close to where I want it.
I have two already hatched my friends Buffs
I also have a good Burch of pips and one EE already 1/2 zipped
Came a day earlier than I was planning but that's mother nature.
We will see how many make it through the next few days.
I had 36 fertilized eggs on day 18.

Back
Top Bottom